D* changing the way it provides locals?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

20fan

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 8, 2005
America's Rollercoast
Just received my D* statement via email, and logged into my account. Something similar to the title of this Thread was written across the top of the screen. It mentioned to call a toll free number and mention "Free 72 local swap" when prompted. Does anyone have any info on this? Sorry for being so lazy and not searching for related topic. Just finished working on tax returns and looking for a quick reply. Eyes are a droopin' :sleeo

If you use a 2nd dish for locals (72W) D* has been upgrading your receivers/dish

They are moving your locals to 99/101/103 so you'll get a slimline dish and (if needed) new receivers

what market are you in?

If you use a 2nd dish for locals (72W) D* has been upgrading your receivers/dish

They are moving your locals to 99/101/103 so you'll get a slimline dish and (if needed) new receivers

what market are you in?

I am in Toledo, Oh market and already have a slimline dish, and (2)HR -21 receivers.

found something on the D* site...you must be in Toledo ;)

Will I need to exchange my legacy DIRECTV receivers in 2009 or 2010 to ensure uninterrupted local channels service?

You will need to exchange your legacy DIRECTV receivers for newer models if you live in:

Rockford, IL
Sioux Falls, SD
Toledo, OH
Wausau-Rhinelander, WI

You may be eligible for a free exchange. Please call us at 1-888-763-7772 and mention "FREE 72 LOCAL SWAP".

If you're not sure you have a legacy receiver, tune to channel 563. If you see a message saying "Channel Not Available" or "Searching for Satellite" you will need to exchange that receiver.

edit: beat me by a minute ;)

I am in Toledo, Oh market and already have a slimline dish, and (2)HR -21 receivers.

then you dont need to do anything....they must be sending that out to all folks in the Toledo market regardless if you need it or not

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)