D* constant signal loss 4-6 pm every day???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mufonga

Original poster
Sep 8, 2008
New to the forum, but I have been reading for a few years now.

I have had D* for at least 10 years now, and ever since they started broadcasting local hd here in Miami, Fl. I get searching for satellite every day around 4 to 6 pm. I also get routine HD breakup in video and audio on hd feeds only.
I have the new 5 lnb dish with a multi-switch feeding 1 HR21 and 4 H21 receivers in the house. My signal on sat 103a,b,c is in the 90s and also sat 119 is in the 90s. Service came out updated the software on all the receivers and replaced 2 and still get break up. Service will be back today at that time to change the dish and multi-switch but I doubt that will solve the problem.

When this happens my signal is sometimes is zero and sometimes in the 90's. It has been so difficult for me to diagnose this problem, its like there is outside interferences at this time every day.

To add insult to injury, the H21 has on OTA in so my OTA for local is not connected.

Can anyone comment on what else to do....:confused:

Might it be possible that this could be "SOLAR WIND", i think that we are int that time of the year for it to happen.

New to the forum, but I have been reading for a few years now.

I have had D* for at least 10 years now, and ever since they started broadcasting local hd here in Miami, Fl. I get searching for satellite every day around 4 to 6 pm. I also get routine HD breakup in video and audio on hd feeds only.
I have the new 5 lnb dish with a multi-switch feeding 1 HR21 and 4 H21 receivers in the house. My signal on sat 103a,b,c is in the 90s and also sat 119 is in the 90s. Service came out updated the software on all the receivers and replaced 2 and still get break up. Service will be back today at that time to change the dish and multi-switch but I doubt that will solve the problem.

When this happens my signal is sometimes is zero and sometimes in the 90's. It has been so difficult for me to diagnose this problem, its like there is outside interferences at this time every day.

To add insult to injury, the H21 has on OTA in so my OTA for local is not connected.

Can anyone comment on what else to do....:confused:

Do you have the 2 monopoles attached to your dish? If not the wind is moving the dish.Otherwise sounds like a short somewhere?:confused::welcome

For OTA you need DirecTV's AM21.Contact DirecTV or see if the installer has one.DirecTV charges$50. for the AM21.

Could be solar disruption but for that you would be watching the channel then it gradually gets snowy until you can't see the picture,then the picture will gradually get where you can watch it again.Solar disruption happens in the spring and fall.;)

P.S. Have the DirecTV repairman come out between 4 and 6pm.;)

Last edited:
What is a monopole?
The dish is secured to side of the house bolted to concrete with lateral stabilizers.
I was able to get D* to send me the AM21 for free.
The signal disruption only happens to HD channels.
D* didn't show up today for service, I will try to get them to credit some programming.

I was speaking to a dish network installer today and he told me the next time it happens turn off all electrical devices to see if it a current overload? (Worth a try)

You probably just need to fine tune the dish alignment to peak the 103c and 99c satellite signals. I live in Broward county and I just had to do the same thing to get some HD channels that stopped coming in when they were switched to these new transponders. I was also getting rain fade when the sky was only barely cloudy.

I just had the slimline 5 installed in July after many years of regular SD service. The install techs never peaked the dish for these satellites, just for the standard 101 and 119 signals.

Echo

If its a constant signal loss, then it has nothing to do with alignment. Make sure the system is grounded PROPERLY. Although it might have a green wire running from the switch to the splitbolt, it might not even be grounded. Or Viceversa, unground your system when you have the problem and see if that fixes it. Also, make sure your dish is not sitting next to or shooting through powerlines.

And unplugging all your appliences one at a time won't hurt either.... althought it could be something that is not plugged in (like hot water heater or something)

Seems to me that it would be one of the outside connectors is hosed. As the sun starts to set and the metal cools off, a stinger could be retracting too much or in the process of corrosion. I would start there.

What is different at you house between four and six. Are different tv's being watched at that time. Are you turning on different appliances. They are rare instances that an auxillary device runs enough current through the house ground to cause a problem. There are endless possibilities. May take several trips out until someone finds the cause.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)