D* Customer Disservice

Status
Please reply by conversation.
markfp-1 said:
Well, maybe I'm just lucky, but in the several years I been dealing with DirecTV I've never spoken to anyone who wasn't courteous and helpful. I wish more companies had customer service people like they do. No excuse, but maybe your CSR was just having a bad day.

Right before Super Bowl Sunday I got two in a row. Both of them were dealing with promises that someone else made that they didn't like. I had names and call times/dates and they just didn't want to deal with the reality of it.

markfp-1 said:
Well, maybe I'm just lucky, but in the several years I been dealing with DirecTV I've never spoken to anyone who wasn't courteous and helpful. I wish more companies had customer service people like they do. No excuse, but maybe your CSR was just having a bad day.

I've heard others speak of their ill experiences, but thank goodness CSRs have been helpful for me. I just wish I'd learned more about Directv's plans from them and my bill inserts first. Many of Directv's advances I've learned only through this board.

Something raised by another comment, though...I know that DBS dishes can be erected on private and exclusive property, but I didn't know that TV antennas were covered by this law. Being an amateur radio operator, I can tell you firsthand than many CCRs (conditions, convenants, and restrictions) do prohibit transmitting antennas from being erected; oftentimes, you have to read the actual plat map of your subdivision because the title of my house refers the owner to the neighborhood plat map for specifics on what's allowed and not allowed. Court decisions and a FCC rule (PRB-1) basically state that a reasonable antenna cannot be prohibited though. I'd be interested in knowing if any federal regulation specifically covers TV reception antennas; I'm interested in reinstalling mine, possibly with a rotor, to pick up distant stations. j c

jalexand69 said:
I've heard others speak of their ill experiences, but thank goodness CSRs have been helpful for me. I just wish I'd learned more about Directv's plans from them and my bill inserts first. Many of Directv's advances I've learned only through this board.

Something raised by another comment, though...I know that DBS dishes can be erected on private and exclusive property, but I didn't know that TV antennas were covered by this law. Being an amateur radio operator, I can tell you firsthand than many CCRs (conditions, convenants, and restrictions) do prohibit transmitting antennas from being erected; oftentimes, you have to read the actual plat map of your subdivision because the title of my house refers the owner to the neighborhood plat map for specifics on what's allowed and not allowed. Court decisions and a FCC rule (PRB-1) basically state that a reasonable antenna cannot be prohibited though. I'd be interested in knowing if any federal regulation specifically covers TV reception antennas; I'm interested in reinstalling mine, possibly with a rotor, to pick up distant stations. j c

Yes there is federal regulations that covers TV OTA reception. I will post the link again:

FCC fact sheet on placement of antennas

Quote from article:

Q: What types of antennas are covered by the rule?

A: The rule applies to the following types of antennas:

(1) A "dish" antenna that is one meter (39.37") or less in diameter (or any size dish if located in Alaska) and is designed to receive direct broadcast satellite service, including direct-to-home satellite service, or to receive or transmit fixed wireless signals via satellite.

(2) An antenna that is one meter or less in diameter or diagonal measurement and is designed to receive video programming services via broadband radio service (wireless cable) or to receive or transmit fixed wireless signals other than via satellite.

(3) An antenna that is designed to receive local television broadcast signals. Masts higher than 12 feet above the roofline may be subject to local permitting requirements.

In addition, antennas covered by the rule may be mounted on "masts" to reach the height needed to receive or transmit an acceptable quality signal (e.g. maintain line-of-sight contact with the transmitter or view the satellite). Masts higher than 12 feet above the roofline may be subject to local permitting requirements for safety purposes. Further, masts that extend beyond an exclusive use area may not be covered by this rule.

Look at #3 in the quote from above. There is no size restrictions for OTA local broadcast reception.

Jerry

Well I have buddies in Bartlett, and G-Town and near DT that say the exact opposite, and left TWC; thus proving that its all about what the individual thinks and is 100% subjective.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)