D-DAY for Me! But D means DishNetwork!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hell Raiser

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 12, 2004
Well,

My transistion from DirecTV to DishNetwork is now complete!! I love it , I have had Comcast, DirecTV, and now Dish. Dish is by far the best in picture quality, the technology is far superior than DirecTV in my opinion, with my new 942 and 625 and get this Dish knows what customers want .. a single remote control style that is used for each TV!!! No more fumbling about what button to select as all remotes are the same! Thank you Dish!

From the install to the 1/2 dozen calls before during and after installation, I am convinced that Dish is the leader, the HD quality is night and day to DirecTV but on par with Comcast if not slightly better in my opinion.

Well this will be perhaps my last post as I am in Nirvana with Dish as DirecTV and Comcast can spend $$$ millions in marketing while dish spends it on great technology!

Have fun telling rumors and saying one is better than the other, I will stay with Dish because of their response and delivery, unless they fall prey to the marketing AHoles that run DirecTV and Comcast!

Good luck in finding your nirvana! I am in hell and loving it now! pun pun

I agree that Dish is great for the short term but if I was an investor I wouldn't be very happy with their future. I also do hate the fact that the program guides and remotes aren't the same on D* boxes. I hope Dish does great for you but I think in 2007 you might be that happy with them. Only time will tell and for right now they are a better quality product and a better value compared to most other providers.

Enjoy your HDTV set with all the new stuff the networks are pumping out these days.

That single remote only applies to those few receivers. the 510 and such have a different one. the 311 have different ones... so on and so forth.

Also youve only had it for a week or so,... in a month tell us you arent annoyed to death with your receivers.

the reason D* remotes are all different is because of the different manufacturers which they are fixing... the new r15 remote is the same as the d10s

Good luck... you will need it

I understand how happy you may be with DISH, but please don't troll it here at the D* forum.

RE:Neutron

What are you #$@ retarded? A Troll?? I was a DirecTV customer while you were still in your father's nuts!

This has everything to do with DirecTV and this I thought was a forum you moron, I guess if I have an opinion on DirecTV's Picture quality vs Dish I should not share it with anyone! Does that not defeat the purpose of having a forum??

Grow up!

Last Post!

I AM a D* customer, but considered dropping them myself a month or so back myself. I think anyone that has had both systems and can compare the two SHOULD post, as thats the only way many of us will know what the competition is like.

I found the post helpful.

EDIT: Posts deleted between typing and posting. So, content changed.

Hehe makes it look like Scott clicked on the thread and it exploded!

All the remotes for D* are the same now too btw. That ugly white universal (which is so much better than the ugly blue universal) can be used for all modern D* receivers, though I'd never use one instead of a peanut TiVo remote.

In the end, whatever works for you, works. Maybe if you do decide to come back when D* has their ducks in a row they can set you up with a nice deal. And if not, gratz on finding a satisfactory service provider!

honestly, I am happy with my HD DVR from D*....BUT I will say this...I had comcast HD for awhile before going to D*. I liked their DVR, but no where near as great as the Tivo interface...when D* drops Tivo, this may be a whole other story. I will also agree with you that the Comcast HD PQ was superior to D* and also they have more channels now including locals. If it weren't for the NFL ST, I would still be a Comcast HD sub.

I have also had both and experienced the exact opposite of Hellraiser; DirecTV has better hardware, service, the picture is indistinguishable on the most popular channels (and most of the others) and DirecTV has a much better plan for the future, and add in the NFL and it is nearly one-sided for me. I use my universal/learning remote from my Yamaha to control everything including my projector system, but a remote is less than 1% of the game for me.

I've already said my piece about this, but was censored. But I understand that my statement was a bit to the insulting side but I'm just tired of people who switch coming here after they've switched and totally bash D* (or E* if this happened in the E* forum).

If you switch there's another forum here for you to go to. It's that simple.

All that matters is that a sub is happy with the service they receive. If not, by all means try to get a better deal and better quality for your buck. Its the way a service industry like this should work....

Neutron said:
I've already said my piece about this, but was censored. But I understand that my statement was a bit to the insulting side but I'm just tired of people who switch coming here after they've switched and totally bash D* (or E* if this happened in the E* forum).

I don't see it as bashing...I see it as proving to all us D* people what their experience was on the other side of the fence. I personally have never dealt with E* and found his post interesting. Especially seeing that I have never even gone into any of those E* forums. Don't be insulting...we will leave that to the DBSTalk and AVS site ;-)

Neutron said:

Don't take this the wrong way but I think his posts didn't even come close to bashing or trolling. I viewed them as his opinion without the intent of being a troll while I also viewed my opinion without the the intent of trolling either.

I just hate going against staff members on here because they are so good with stuff like this but I must say that you blew this issue way out of control.

Again please don't take this the wrong way but if your that stressed out and blowing up over this we can help you out by giving you a week off. Sometimes we all need a break from all the stress of life and these forums. Just take a load off and enjoy this site from a user standpoint instead of a staff member standpoint.

I started with c-band, and jumped on board with dish about the time they were giving free dish 500s. I had dish for 5-6 years with no problems and great picture quality. Then one fine day, a dead legacy feedhorn, dish wanted $100+ to replace it, so signed with dave for one year and been with them ever since.
Overall
C-band- far better picture quality then echo and dave but high maint.(low monthly fee)

Echo- better picture quality then dave on SD, bad cus. service(lost sub over feedhorn) also blackouts on programming when contracts in dispute(never with dave)

Dave-ok picture quality but willing to go extra mile to keep subs

Best picture quality is my local pbshd ota(mind blowing quality and free)

I'm staying with dave to see what happens with HD, although beeing a nascar fan I would love to have tnthd. But willing to wait another year.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)