D* guy shows up unannounced and wants to replace my multiswitch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bonehead

Original poster
Feb 20, 2006
About 1/2 hour ago a D* installer shows up unannounced and wants to replace my multiswitch because (he says) I had upgraded to two HR-22s several weeks ago and they need to change the switch. He had pictures of my multiswitch (it's mounted outside on the side of my house by my back deck). He said that a supervisor came by and took the photos and created the work order.

As everything is working perfectly and I'm recording a three-hour show, I sent him away, telling him to have a supervisor call me.

So what's up with that?

Sometimes a supervisor visits a random recent install site and take pictures. If they see something substandard or done improperly they may schedule a service call to bring it up to snuff.

Never heard of it happening without a call or prior announcement though.

The recorders can also send information back to directv regarding constant or intermittent low/zero signal levels and sometimes directv calls people to schedule a service call to resolve the signal issue. Again, I've never heard of a tech just showing up out of the blue.

Call D* and see whats up. You did the right thing by sending him packing. Don't let anyone mess with any of your equipment without a prior phone call.

Call D* and see whats up. You did the right thing by sending him packing. Don't let anyone mess with any of your equipment without a prior phone call.

I'll have to do that. The installer said that I wasn't the first to send him away; in fact, he said that sometimes he replaces a switch on a perfectly functioning system and everything goes to heck, so he understood my concern.

I have heard of a brain room where DTV has people on computers randomly checking transponders country wide.. But have never heard of a noi call service call.. Have you had your system installed or any upgrades in the last 90 days.. if so he may have failed the QC inspection and came back to fix his mistake.. uysing the lame arse supervisor story as a cover up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)