D* HD Quality

Status
Please reply by conversation.
sure... any decent store that carries HDTV and dtv
But beware that you are watching one tv hooked up to one directv box, not a signal split to 30 tv's because that will make a difference.

I went to dtv for 2 days and stuck with cable. that was my preference... that was based on my own eyes and how the STANDARD def looked compared to cable SD.... but you may have a lousy cable provider and get better picture with sat.

Really let your eyes be the judge.

I have to agree that SD on my cable box was the same or better than what I have with D*, but that's not why I signed up with them - I wanted more HD, and D* is delivering...

And even if half of it is upconverted SD most of the time, that's light years better than the SD I was getting with cable or D*....

Many of those stores get special feeds, loops, or demo media that is not representative of the actual channels

yeah, that's the problem with all of this... the only way you'll really know for sure is to watch the same show, from the same channel, using the same setup on YOUR TV. Otherwise you're just guessing using incomplete or bad information.

i know at the cc they have a cable box hooked up to like a 27" and same with D* HR20 hooked up to something similar.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)