D* HDTV history questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

JasonBourne

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 9, 2004
Connecticut
How long has D* been offering HDTV service??

Have they always offer the same channels??

How long has it been since they added a channel to their HDTV service??

I think it was around Christmas 2001, and SHOHD and DiscoveryHD are the only ones they have added. Oops, hello ESPN-HD was also added.

While the line-up is not what I would call robust I do find that I use the service for about 4 hours per week, except during hockey season when I watch crappy games I would never otherwise watch because they are in HD, which is about like being 15 rows up on ESPN and 50 rows up on HDNet.

Scott has confirmed that the latter half of the NFL season will be ALL HD for NFLST subs. D* will provide no info on movie channels such as StarzHD, TMCHD and others.

JasonBourne said:
How long has it been since they added a channel to their HDTV service??

Hey Jason! Loved your movie, looking forward to the sequel, but has anyone ever told you that you look like Matt Damon?! ;)

To answer your question, the answer was last July when DirecTV added HDNet Movies, ESPN HD and Discovery HD Theater and the HD package debuted. Before that HDNet was free to all with a HD receiver. A few months after this happened (September if I remember correctly), Dish Network added a HD package of the same channels. They already had Discovery HD Theater for $7.95 a month.

~Alan

Alan Gordon said:
Before that HDNet was free to all with a HD receiver. A few months after this happened (September if I remember correctly)
~Alan
Correct he IS, I remember how pissed off I got that the Stanley Cup was on ESPN in HD and D* did not have ESPNHD. The CUp is decided the 1st week of June, it was like 3 weeks after that.

LOL then this year ABC did the cup and I still didn't get it becuase ABC is the one OTA station I am not picking up! Sure enough, now next year it looks like everyone is heading to the world hockey league due to the CBA problems ... so I'll get NO HOCKEY!!!

I'm a BIG Dallas Stars fan, sorry slacker. :) I would love to see more Stars games in HD.

Neutron said:
I'm a BIG Dallas Stars fan, sorry slacker. :) I would love to see more Stars games in HD.
I'm sorry :) ... Texas sucks

anyway the friggin NHL blacksout all home game ... they SUCK

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts