D* hr20-100 & b-band converter

Status
Please reply by conversation.

joebbaseball

Original poster
Jan 7, 2004
Syracuse, NY
Hey all
Can someone clarify whether or not I have a problem with my setup? Unfortunately D* doesn't deal will with their contractors so I am in the middle of going around in circles. I get a message on channel 499 that says I need to connect b-band converters to get the upgrade. I called tech. support and they said I may need new converters. So i got two more and they still gave me the same message. I called back, the tech. support guy put me on hold, came back and said we've discovered lately that the b-band converters won't work unless you hook up your dish to a powered multiswitch. So i blew up my hole weekend and scheduled a service call yesterday at 8am. The tech. came over and seemed totally confused. I told him they said to do this, so he finally did. After hooking it up i still got the same message. He said i thought you didn't need this, called his boss and the manager confirmed this wasn't necessary. He took everything back and then left. My question is do I or don't I need this multiswitch?
sorry for the long message
thanks
Joe

According to this thread, B-Band Converter Test Channel 499 - DBSTalk.Com the HR20-100 won't pass the test until some new software release gets rolled out (that's from a 7/20 post). Since I haven't keep an eye on the HR20-100 levels since I have a HR20-700 I don't know if that's happened yet or not.

You might want to keep an eye out in the Living on the Edge section for a notification of a CE release for the HR20-100 which would include the fix for this.

According to this thread, B-Band Converter Test Channel 499 - DBSTalk.Com the HR20-100 won't pass the test until some new software release gets rolled out (that's from a 7/20 post). Since I haven't keep an eye on the HR20-100 levels since I have a HR20-700 I don't know if that's happened yet or not.

You might want to keep an eye out in the Living on the Edge section for a notification of a CE release for the HR20-100 which would include the fix for this.

Thanks so much guys. Sometime I feel like a pain getting all this info through you guys, but with D* and probably most providers, they really don't know what the hell they are doing. I'm on the phone with them now, and this tech guy has no clue! I'm so happy to have some knowledgeable people on-line.
thanks again
Joe

Thanks so much guys. Sometime I feel like a pain getting all this info through you guys, but with D* and probably most providers, they really don't know what the hell they are doing. I'm on the phone with them now, and this tech guy has no clue! I'm so happy to have some knowledgeable people on-line.
thanks again
Joe

Don't worry about it.
Thats what we are here for !

Jimbo

Hey Brewer or anyone else that has this set up.
My Hr20-700 gives me the appropriate "Searching for signal" message on channel 499.
The -100 does NOT...
Even though they BOTH have the current ox17e software on them.

Any ideas ???
Yes , they both have the BBC's attached.

Jimbo

I dont think the -100 is configured to work with the test yet. Mine does not work either despite the B-Bands installed and the -700 works fine.

My HR20-100 passes the test on 499. It gives me the searching for satellite signal message. I have the latest version of software on it.

My HR20-100 passes the test on 499. It gives me the searching for satellite signal message. I have the latest version of software on it.

You have the 17E software on yours ?
I figured that , that was the software update that would be used to verify this , maybe not, perticuarly seeing they are both on the same update now.

Jimbo

My HR20-100S also passes the test (I get the "searching for signal" on ch. 499). My last software download was just a few days ago.

As of last Sunday, my -100 did not pass the BBC test.
The unit has 17e on it as it was sent as a National Release, I am not doing any CE's on the -100.

Jimbo

As of last Sunday, my -100 did not pass the BBC test.
The unit has 17e on it as it was sent as a National Release, I am not doing any CE's on the -100.

Jimbo

I have a HR20-100, HR20-700 and a H20-100 and all three of my receivers get the "searching for satelitte" as the test is supposed to get if the BBC's are working correctly.:)

I have a HR20-100, HR20-700 and a H20-100 and all three of my receivers get the "searching for satelitte" as the test is supposed to get if the BBC's are working correctly.:)

This leads me to wonder just how reliable these BBC converters are .....
Seeing alot of us are getting the slide screen as well, some say the correct software is not present yet, others say Yes it works fine. I would hate to get to the time that we need them and find out that they are defective.

Jimbo

I called D* today and the CSR looked at my account to see what rec's I had.
(1 HR20-700, 1 -100 and a H10)
I told him that the set for the -700 is working properly.
He said OK he would send me 2 for the -100 and 1 for the H10 , for some reason he is not understanding that I cannot put them on the H10 and expect it to pick up the new channels as it is mpeg2 only.
I inquired with him about how to go about getting a mpeg4 compatable unit to replace the H10.
He said the best he could do was $100 for a H20.
I told him No Dice.
Why should the sub that is trying to use thier equipment have to pay extra to view the channels that they are suppose to be paying for, I already paid for the H10. He said that $99 was the best he could do at this time and to continue to check the web site.

btw, the BBC should be here 2-5 days he said., I thought that was pretty good seeing when I looked it up online they were quoting 6-8 weeks.

Jimbo

My HR20-100S also passes the test (I get the "searching for signal" on ch. 499). My last software download was just a few days ago.

Technically do you get "searching for signal on sat 1" or something to that affect? Or does it just say "searching for signal"?
Joe

Is it just me or this a bit of a joke?

The only reason I stayed with D* is because of these HD additions. (and the fact that I can't get fios where I live) So I stay with them, sign a two year agreement, and now before the satellite is even functioning I have these issues. If the HR-100 is not compatible with the new upgrade then why give me one a month ago! Now I've had to be around for a service call that D* thought I needed and the tech guy said I didn't. Just one time I'd like D* to have their S@#t together and everything just run smoothly. Now maybe this will all be straightened out by the end of the month. I know its early to be bitching about this since the launch hasn't even gone out yet, but its still frustrating nonetheless. Ok, done complaining.
Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)