D* hr20-100 & b-band converter

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I believe it says "searching for signal on sat 1 (771)."

Thanks someone, I'll verify that is what I have... some places I ready the -100 isn't ready, other places it is. Some days I get a full screen graphic that says I need the converter, other days I get the searching for signal message. Guess I'll have to wait and see come sept.
Joe

Thanks someone, I'll verify that is what I have... some places I ready the -100 isn't ready, other places it is. Some days I get a full screen graphic that says I need the converter, other days I get the searching for signal message. Guess I'll have to wait and see come sept.
Joe

Joe,
I too have this same anomoly on my -700, some days I get the "searching" as I should and others I don't....
Not sure what triggers it, but I wish I knew.

Jimbo

Mines all over the place too Jimbo. HR20-700 now only has searching for a second or 2 but the HR20-100 has it on permanently. The H20-600 is also permanent. That was not the case a week or so ago. I really dont know what any of this means anymore.

I read over at DBSTalk that some multi switches don't work with the converters. You need to use the builtin (Straight from dish or some certain kind of switches). Do a search for B-Band and I'm sure you will find it.

Here's the post that I'm talking about:

B-Band Converter Test Channel 499 - DBSTalk.Com

If you are getting the "BBC Missing" message, and you have them connected...

You may have an imcompatible multiswitch installed.
The Zinwell 6802 multiswitch is NOT compatible with the new sat's.

They will need to be replaced with a WB68, or the WB616 (16 port version), or an SWM module

Here's the post that I'm talking about:

B-Band Converter Test Channel 499 - DBSTalk.Com

If you are getting the "BBC Missing" message, and you have them connected...

You may have an imcompatible multiswitch installed.
The Zinwell 6802 multiswitch is NOT compatible with the new sat's.

They will need to be replaced with a WB68, or the WB616 (16 port version), or an SWM module

Whatb if you don't have a separate multiswitch ? Just the one built into the dish ?

For the most part, the channel 499 thing is working fine for me (-700) at least as it says it should. The -100 is in the trailer so I can't check it as easily.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)