D* install question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Big-Jim-Durango

Original poster
Jun 28, 2006
A Tech installed new DVR a couple months ago (we are suppose to be able to watch one, record one) and we continue to experience "searching for signal" during many of the recording sessions, if we try to watch a channel different that the one we are recording. I have one COAX line out of a duel LNB that goes into a 3x4 multi-switch. I have been told this is the problem. I believe I need to hook up the other LNB, but do I totally skip the switch and go directly into the two lines into the house, or add the second input to the input side of the multi-switch. The current single line from the LNB goes into an input labeled SAT 18v. The is also an input for ATN (which I think is antenna) and a SAT 13v. Can I add this to the SAT 13v side or do I need another switch? If so, where can I get one? FYI, I have 4 outputs from the multi-switch, but only two are being used which feed the house.

Big-Jim-Durango said:
A Tech installed new DVR a couple months ago (we are suppose to be able to watch one, record one) and we continue to experience "searching for signal" during many of the recording sessions, if we try to watch a channel different that the one we are recording. I have one COAX line out of a duel LNB that goes into a 3x4 multi-switch. I have been told this is the problem. I believe I need to hook up the other LNB, but do I totally skip the switch and go directly into the two lines into the house, or add the second input to the input side of the multi-switch. The current single line from the LNB goes into an input labeled SAT 18v. The is also an input for ATN (which I think is antenna) and a SAT 13v. Can I add this to the SAT 13v side or do I need another switch? If so, where can I get one? FYI, I have 4 outputs from the multi-switch, but only two are being used which feed the house.

As chazcbh mentioned you need the other line going into the multi switch, make certian you have 2 lines coming out of the LNB , one side going to the 13v side and the other going to the 18v side.
Then have two lines (coax) going from 2 of the output on the switch into the back of the DVR, (NO splitters allowed) and use the other outputs from the switch to feed the other rooms.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)