D* installers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

erict

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 10, 2008
How do I find out who are the d* installers in my area?

Just trying to find out who will be coming out to do my new 5lnb dish upgrade. And if anybody would have any feedback on the installer.

Zip is 48855

Don't remember their name, but my zip is 48857, about 15 miles away.

It was one of D*s main install companies (used company truck) and they did a great job. It was about 1 1/2 years ago, and took him 6 hours (had problems with the HR20s - which was frequent at that time due to poor software).

I would just make sure you review what you expect before they start, and have them walk you through what they did (ensure there is grounding, a switch if needed, etc).

You'll know in 10 minutes if they are a professional or something else.

I have had the same set up for 9 years and I did the install myself. Never have had any problems at all:D When the installer comes out I will have the pole set, wires run.

You'll most likely be upgraded by Mastec, they have an office in the Novi area and I had heard they opened up one or two more further north. Call up D and they can tell you the company but not the installer, that would be impossible in your area.

I have had the same set up for 9 years and I did the install myself. Never have had any problems at all:D When the installer comes out I will have the pole set, wires run.

You do know the pole must be a 2"od pole, yes?

You do know the pole must be a 2"od pole, yes?

Yes I do but I called everywhere and could not find a 2"OD in my area. So I just picked up an 1 7/8 pole at my local fence place. I will either drive a self tapper threw the mount into the pole as others have done or I bought a 12" piece of 1 7/8 ID with a 2"OD and slip it over and weld it on.

Yes I do but I called everywhere and could not find a 2"OD in my area. So I just picked up an 1 7/8 pole at my local fence place. I will either drive a self tapper threw the mount into the pole as others have done or I bought a 12" piece of 1 7/8 ID with a 2"OD and slip it over and weld it on.

Where are all you guys that can't find 2" SCH40 looking? Home Depot and Lowes? You can find this stuff if you will stop looking at retail home centers. Irrigation, lawn sprinkling, and plumbing supply will have these; they can also be found online. You do not want thin-walled conduit or cheap chain link fencing, nor wood 4x4 either

Use 6' Piece of 2" exhaust pipe. I get mine from local muffler shop. $16, have been quoted as high as $35 lmao.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts