D* Installing Today

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Deac2010

Original poster
Dec 28, 2009
NC
Hello all!

This is my first post, as I will have D* (see, I've read enough to know to use that) installed tomorrow. I will probably stay awake all night dreaming of the morning where I will have no use for TWC.

Just wondering if there's anything I need to know about installation or anything that I can help them with (at install time of before) to make things easier.

Thanks, and I look forward to sharing my joy with you tomorrow afternoon!

clean nic naks off of tv/entertainment center and de-clutter surrounding work area. then maybe ask the tech if there's anything else you could do

I'm already impressed.

The service tech just called and said he was en route and about 30 minutes away. TWC has never done this, and I am already happy with the care level D* uses. With the 4 hr. winsow to install, I figured they'd show up around 11, but I guess I am lucky to be at the start of his route! Now, for the install to begin soon...

Make sure they keep cables out of any eaves troughs, gutters. etc. And see whether they can work with you to position the dish in an accessible position so you can easily remove ice and snow, if necessary.

Make them get 100 readings on all transponders.

You no play da game...you no make da rules!

Anyone with 100s on all transponders please correct me. That is not possible.....you loose a little bit in the 23000mile trip from the sat to the dish and a little more along the cable and fittings back to the receiver.

100s! Yikes!

Joe

?????????????? smokin crack? 95/96 on signal meter even on a well overcast day

Fed Up,

I had this installation all tuned in........slight overcast.......... Then.....No signal! I didn't notice the mother ship moving into transporter range! So I got Scottie on the line and told him to move that mother ship NOW. Signals went up to what you said; 95/96 even with the clouds.

Before I beamed up I did tell the CSR they were all 100s.......she said good job.......wouldn't give her name or number.

Joe

Last edited:
Hey guys!

I am happy to report that all is perfect!

My old cable boxes are ready for return to TWC in the AM.

The installer was fantastic. The service is crystal-clear and I couldn't be happier!

Hey guys!

I am happy to report that all is perfect!

My old cable boxes are ready for return to TWC in the AM.

The installer was fantastic. The service is crystal-clear and I couldn't be happier!

Thanks for the overview,

Glad it went well. Sometimes only the problems end up here. Stay tuned. There are no dumb questions here. Just dumb answers.

Joe

I say give it about a week when he gets his first bill from directv and the new customer price is not on the bill because the rebate is not there or not applied for yet. then we will see a 180

I say give it about a week when he gets his first bill from directv and the new customer price is not on the bill because the rebate is not there or not applied for yet. then we will see a 180

It's really nice to see the Unofficial DIRECTV support guy trying to turn a positive thread into a negative one.

It's really nice to see the Unofficial DIRECTV support guy trying to turn a positive thread into a negative one.

No I am a realist.....

If I say how something is, I get told I am blinding defending the company , and I get $#@# for stating one of my chief complaints about the service.

This is just a no win situation.

If you have 80's you need your Dish peaked.

If you have 80s you should get on your knees and thank the local gods the HSP dude did not steal anything or back over the puppy!

Track your picture / signal consistency! Those numbers are for professional use only!

Joe

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.