D&M Holdings Sells of McIntosh

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Doesn't surprise me at all. Denon has been sinking to the lowest common denominator for a couple of years now. Not too many folks have $15K to blow on components in this economy. Denon has pretty-much lopped off the top two tiers of their lineup since 2008.

Yes and no. Depends on what country you are in. Denon had dropped processors in the US until a few years ago when they brought out the A1HD. The A1HD was able to be upgraded to 3D capability. Separates have been sold in other countries, like Japan, because they are much more popular than in the states. In the states, people want X for the least amount of money. Denon just doesn't make enough to make an impact. McIntosh will do much better with a smaller boutique company like Fine Sounds.

S~

let's be honest here. most CE companies that aren't in the smart phone business are struggling and have been for a few years.

right now, the money is at the lower end of things.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

I think it is the case that high end audio is just dying. The current generation is simply growing up on MP3 compressed audio that cannot be helped by a $15k system.

The only mainstream "good" source right now is BDs with uncompressed master audio tracks. But, even those are slipping away to streaming where 5.1DD is standard.

So, why spend the $$ if there is limited source material.

Tell me about it. REAL 7.1 HD Master Audio music BD's are rarer than teeth on a hen. The ones I DO have turned out to be discs churned out in someone's basement using ProTools. I downloaded Cirlinca and did a better job converting and mixing a 2.0 FLAC to 5.1 96/24 because I found better source material. I do have the Thielemann " Beethoven 9 " set but it is only HD Master 5.1. I would rather just have the music by itself instead of having to look at an audience listening to a symphony orchestra.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)