D* Newbie w/questions on setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Wouldn't those same numbers you just quoted affect any receivers/dvrs connected to a sws8?
With a balanced system, all devices (whether receivers, DVRs or DECA adapters) would experience the same reduction in signal. Wasting signal on terminators is a negative (though it is less negative than not having terminators at all).

As is often the case, splitter insertion loss is in no way unique to DIRECTV SWiM systems. Because of the two-way nature of DECA, the splitter loss is higher than with most other systems.

With a balanced system, all devices (whether receivers, DVRs or DECA adapters) would experience the same reduction in signal. Wasting signal on terminators is a negative (though it is less negative than not having terminators at all).

So then by your theory, there should be constant issues with low signals on swm systems. BTW, I noticed you ignored my question about YOUR experience with swm systems.

I ignored it because it doesn't change the physics of splitters.

You ignored it because you have no real world experience with them because you aren't a Directv installer or customer.

I was just on their website and it appears that FOX is no longer there!
According to the lists developed by those who scan the guide data, WICZ is available in HD (Spaceway 1, TP4). It is certainly worth looking into more closely.

Then I will ask you specifically. Are you a Directv installer? Are you a Directv customer?

I have seen the 8 way splitters cause issues when 2 are used in a swm16 install. In my opinion I would only use the correct size splitter and not use an 8 when only a 4 was needed.

And depending on where the swm16 is installed you may only have 2 lines coming in the house.

I would go with whatever you think you need now for the future. Getting equipment later when you are not a new customer costs more. One thing to also remember, a receiver costs the same a month whether it is a dvr or not.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

According to the lists developed by those who scan the guide data, WICZ is available in HD (Spaceway 1, TP4). It is certainly worth looking into more closely.

When I didn't see it on dtv website I googled it and ended up on WICZs website. It appears that it was pulled around mid Aug because of a contract dispute. No negotiations are going on at all to get it back!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dish to DIRECTV but small view of the sky

sat buddy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)