D* No longer home + RV for one fee??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

johnwadams

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 1, 2006
Arkansas
I am ready to switch from E* to D* but I stumbled across something new on their web site that states you can no longer have 1 box to take in your RV unless you pay the full package fee, not just the $4.99 per month for the box. E* has no problem with this. Last year they even offered to ship me a replacement box to a RV Park when they couldn’t get mine to activate when “hit”. Most of the people I travel with have D* and they don’t pay anything extra, they just take a box from home. One couple even take two boxes, his and hers. SO, before I switch, can someone tell me what D* is doing.

I am ready to switch from E* to D* but I stumbled across something new on their web site that states you can no longer have 1 box to take in your RV unless you pay the full package fee, not just the $4.99 per month for the box. E* has no problem with this. Last year they even offered to ship me a replacement box to a RV Park when they couldn’t get mine to activate when “hit”. Most of the people I travel with have D* and they don’t pay anything extra, they just take a box from home. One couple even take two boxes, his and hers. SO, before I switch, can someone tell me what D* is doing.

So, do you think the D* RV police will go site to site and check on peopel with dishes ???
Order a second dish and rec. and take it with you, they are not going to say anything, how would they know when you decided to use it ?
I have one in the RV and have no problems with using it.

You can get an extra dish and a tripod from many places , online sites EBAY, RV stores ect.

I would not offer the iinfo that you are using it in the RV IF they are making an issue about it.
If they ask, tell them OK and you'll use it in the house, then take it when you need it.

Jimbo

I had a customer a while ago in which I installed a one receiver system with a tripod (I was in a just get it done mood so did not charge for it) for an RV, in an RV park. A month and a half I get a 60 day service call (don’t get paid for those) because the guy relocated to another RV park in another county and had trouble setting it back up. I told him “I don’t know how many times D* will send me to do this for no charge” to which he replied “hey, I told them when I signed up that it was for an RV”. Situations like this may have influenced their new policy.

Jimbo:
I do that with E*, but their last upgrade added a "box" between each new Dish500Pro LNB and each Receiver. No problem for the moment when I go mobile but on return it takes a setup through the "check switch" and with luck it's back on in 30 min. Any chance that with all these upgrades D* is doing for HD and everything, that they can tie these boxes to a specific LNB?

Order a second dish and rec. and take it with you, they are not going to say anything, how would they know when you decided to use it ?
I have one in the RV and have no problems with using it.

Not to also mention the fact D* doesn't care (OR charge extra) if you do NOT have a phone line hooked to your receivers or not - little hard for them to figure this out w/out it... ;) :)

Thanks

This is what I thought but I didn't want to switch to D* and get screwed up when on the road. I need D* to get networks in HD. They will let me have all but ABC, which I can live without. Funny thing is that I just moved about 2 miles, same city, same lake and the old house qualified for all networks but the new one does not. We can get a grade B analog signal from an ABC station about 60-70 miles away but those who have tried to get the HD signal have not succeeded.
Thanks
John

If I know I am going to a campground with no cable included I throw an old dish and a couple bricks in the truck and unplug the old hughes in the kids room carry it with me and hook her up. Dont see where they would have a problem with it except in the case of maybe a fulltimer that would leave another box at their residence for a tenant or something.

I had a customer a while ago in which I installed a one receiver system with a tripod (I was in a just get it done mood so did not charge for it) for an RV, in an RV park. A month and a half I get a 60 day service call (don’t get paid for those) because the guy relocated to another RV park in another county and had trouble setting it back up. I told him “I don’t know how many times D* will send me to do this for no charge” to which he replied “hey, I told them when I signed up that it was for an RV”. Situations like this may have influenced their new policy.

I can understand your situation being an installer, you can't be expected to keep the guy set up wherever he goes.
I think the idea is to have the sub be able to do his own set up when he moves from one place to another :)
I do this whenI go camping and have never had a problem, so far I am too lazy to take a 5 lnb set up, so I use the old 3 lnb, just don't get all the new stuff, but thats OK, were camping anyways, really not there to watch TV.

Jimbo

Yea I couldnt imagine takin the h20 and a 5 lnb cause then i would have to have a small hd monitor and nobody would ever wanna leave the pop up : ) I just use an old single lnb. dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fsnwi - 642

How much money do you spend yearly on your satellite TV?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)