D* now has NESN HD, FSN-NY HD and MSG-HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ehren

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 8, 2006
Wisconsin
Man for NHL Center Ice subscribers like myself I wish I could switch over RIGHT NOW. Bruins, Devils, Islanders and Rangers games in HD on CI. I should get a pro rated refund on CI thru Dish, they said hockey fans would be very happy with their HD games. WELL I AM NOT HAPPY SCOTTIE BOY!!!!

Man for NHL Center Ice subscribers like myself I wish I could switch over RIGHT NOW. Bruins, Devils, Islanders and Rangers games in HD on CI. I should get a pro rated refund on CI thru Dish, they said hockey fans would be very happy with their HD games. WELL I AM NOT HAPPY SCOTTIE BOY!!!!

I've checked all of those channels out, for being new channels, those channels look superb!

I feel your pain. Sabres games in SD suck on Dish and to top it off, Wed night CI had the Sabres/Ducks in HD but I was blacked out because of the requirement I had to watch the crappy MSG SD version of the game.

If D* would give me a balance of season of CI free, I would switch today. Otherswise I will be gone in the spring. It only makes sense to pick up HD Locals, Yes Network (Yankees - Charlie will never have them) and all the other national hd channels.

You may want to go and check out the DBSTalk.Com
D* programming forum the NHL Fans we hear you thread there are a LOT of folks over there who have real problems with D* version of CI.
The don't show the pre and between game HNIC show and they have been know for cutting the feed when the game is supposed to be over even if it goes into over time or a shootout and they miss that part of the game.
Of course that part of the game is not important now is it?

Last edited:
When will E* follow suit and pick up MSG-HD & FSNY-HD ... hurry up Charlie ... is there anywhere we can email Charlie directly and put our requests directly to him ?

the point is that you guys will never be satisfied. You have to start dealing with some facts. I've got tired of waiting for Dish to add YES HD. YES HD I only watch during baseball season so I open an account with the local cable provider just to do this during baseball season. It will be nice if dish carry it but whinning about it did not make a difference. If you want rsn and dish does not have it, maybe you should get it via other way.

When will E* follow suit and pick up MSG-HD & FSNY-HD ... hurry up Charlie ... is there anywhere we can email Charlie directly and put our requests directly to him ?

Hey get Charlie's sats launched sooner and we'll have capacity to put regionals that most of the US don't give a crap about up there.. :)

still no NESN HD?

tick tock tick tock.

I was going to directv last fall but I stuck around with crappy dish network and decided to pay their absurd prices if they got NESNHD by opening day just so I dont have to deal with taking a dish off the roof and putting another one on....looks like they are running out of time, and like I will be saving a bunch of money on my satellite bill as of April!

Long time Dish sub. Ordered CI and sorry as a Ranger fan, it sucks! Not much HD content period!

Got some flax from the wife and added Direc just for CI and MSG. Boy, its FANTASTIC! Rangers in glorious HD.

Not sure why dish has CI? Direc carries soooo much more in terms of HD.
So, I threw away 140 on dishes CI-Oh well.

If your a hockey fan -GO GET DIREC FOR THEIR CI you will not be sorry.

Im not a direc booster- My workhorse for general watching is the 622. But for spots Direc is
THE BEST! MSGHD-LOOKS INCREDIBLE!

I am giving dish until opening day,if no NESNHD,or no date from dish,I'm eating some dough and jumping ship willy.all those BIGTENHD channels and no nesn or yes?im calling shenanigans-dish has me on the chip.

I won't switch to D* for anything after how they treated me previously. They cost me a lot of money.

However, I am disappointed that Portland ME DMA will be getting HD locals but yet once again we get screwed up here. The Bangor DMA has more satellite customers than the Portland DMA. Portland has like 80% cable penetration.

I thought about 'moving' to Boston DMA but I don't have any friends in that market that I could put for an address, rather not just randomly pick one. I'd lose my entries for my locals on the antenna too, but that's not really that big of a loss. :)

NESN is on my list, but man does it grind my gears I won't see SuperBowl in HD.

Is NESN HD worth it for hockey fans? Do they show Bruins games in HD? More importantly, are their college hockey broadcasts in HD?

They show every hoe Bruins game in hd and soe college hockey games in hd, Go Sioux in college hockey

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)