D* paper bill vs. website problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.
they charged me a late fee and I called customer retention and had them take it off. I don't know if they would normally do that but they had a record of me calling earlier in the month telling them that I needed a bill.

I think that the paperless bill was the default for the site, meaning IF you did not go in and UNcheck it , you would be going paperless unless you called in to tell them otherwise.

Jimbo

icstephen said:
they charged me a late fee and I called customer retention and had them take it off. I don't know if they would normally do that but they had a record of me calling earlier in the month telling them that I needed a bill.

How did you not know that you hadn't paid?

Well, the last paperbill I got was for april, so that would have been in march, right? I never got an email telling me that they were stopping, and they have sent an email "you can view your bill online" type email every month since I activated. I never really check that email account, though. once a week or so.

charper1 said:

Well, if he's like me and his wife pays it, and she didn't mention anything.

Hell, when they cut mine off, I figured they finally got tired of me not having the TiVo hooked up to the phone line. Then I started poking around and discovered that I was past due (no email----nothing! WTF? Even ebay sends pay your damn bill emails!)

I wonder how many hearts we have now? Hell, I don't know how many we had to begin with! :D

charper1 said:

I have a system for paying bills (only do it 2 times a month and I know I had not seen it...I'm kind of anal about bills. I do check on line from time to time as well.

the way i see it, unless they pass their savings from not sending a paper bill to me, then i want one. i'm not going to help them be more profitable at my expense...

charper1 said:
LOL are you blaming the wifey like I do? hehe

No. DirecTv should have mailed the bill like they did for the first 15 months that we had the service. You want money? I want to see a statement. No statement no money. I'm with Talbain.

Ruppert must have needed a new house or yacht or something, for this to happen to a bunch of us all at the same time. We're not all asleep at the wheel.

Oh man, i guess i'm not the only one having this problem. Anyways, i called them up to change me back to paper bill. Something's fishy going on with Directv; i think they're up to something.

talbain said:
the way i see it, unless they pass their savings from not sending a paper bill to me, then i want one. i'm not going to help them be more profitable at my expense...
Actually, it cost you more to send the bill in the mail.
You have to pay another .37 cents to have it sent to them, if you paid online you would save that extra 37 cents.
Not that thats a big deal, but technicoly your paying more this way.

Jimbo

Jimbos said:
I think that the paperless bill was the default for the site, meaning IF you did not go in and UNcheck it , you would be going paperless unless you called in to tell them otherwise.

Jimbo
When they first started the paperless bill thing, I went to the web site and UN-checked it. But, it looks as though when thay redid the web site tha option was rechecked AND the option to uncheck it was taken off the web site. After two months with no bill, either paper or not, I called and had them reset it.

I have had the option to received email of D* news checked for years but have never received email news.

Their website is much like their customer service: leaves a lot to be desired.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts