D* Picture problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

greyS60

Original poster
Jan 12, 2006
Yucaipa, CA
I am new to the HDTV scene. I have an LG 42PX5D. I also had Direct TV come out ad install the H20 receiver and I get my local channels in MPEG4. I am having some trouble with the picture. I have hooked up my H20 to my TV via HDMI. I am seeing boxes on the screen. They are lighter than the rest of the picture. It is more noticeable on black screens than any other color. My DVD player is also hooked up HDMI and it produces a great picture. Does anyone know what this could be? I am thinking of switching to component cables, but I would prefer to figure out what is wrong first. Any help would really be appreciated.

Pixelation is what I would think. It is the reason why I didn't stay with Directv after the year commitment. I didn't like all that back ground noise and pixelation. Directv has traditionaly had a more sharper picture , which makes all that jaggedy lines and pixelation in the backgrounds especially in fast moving scenes are dark contrast scenes. Try turning your sharpness down to about nothing on your tv and see if that helps.

That is my suggestion but I am sure someone else can offer some too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)