D* removing LD (low powered digital OTA) from AM-21 lineups

Status
Please reply by conversation.

aa9vi

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
Still Looking for an answer... since I have received no reason from the other group why this is happening...

I emailed Zap2it/Tribune to add in a new OTA local station to our local lineup. Since the AM-21 cannot channel scan, the only way to view the channel on the AM-21 is to have Zap2it/tribune add it to their master guide and D* is supposed to mirror that. But, I got a curious response back from Zap2it...

"On a side note, DirecTV has been removing low power channels from their guides over the past few months. When the channels are ready we will add it to the zap2it OTA lineups but cannot guarantee that you will be able to receive this via your DirecTV tuner."

So, what's up with that? Why is D* limiting what the receivers can tune? If the signal's there, why won't they let you watch it?

Let me just throw another question out there, what if you live in a small town where LD is your main network feed? This blanket policy seems shortsighted.

Not to mention, Dish network does not have idiotic limitations on their OTA tuners like this... I'm a little perplexed here...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)