Status
Please reply by conversation.

byron!

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
chelsea, nyc
Scott-

any ideas on why those of us in white areas who have waivers from Fox are being blacked out and what we can do to fix this? I find it extremely frustrating to spend nearly 2 hours on the phone with DirecTV last night fighting for something that should have been turned on automatically. If i can watch the game on channel 388, I should be able to watch it on 88. From a network's standpoint, there is no difference.

For what its worth, I just spoke to DirecTV about a myriad of issues, one of which being FOXHD.

It was quite obvious the CSR was reading from a script, but, she stated that FOXHD for MLB games is only being shown in O&O areas.

riggscm said:
For what its worth, I just spoke to DirecTV about a myriad of issues, one of which being FOXHD.

It was quite obvious the CSR was reading from a script, but, she stated that FOXHD for MLB games is only being shown in O&O areas.

ya.. thats the same BS i got. but the fact remains that if i can watch it on channel 388 i should be able to watch on 88... its the same affiliate. sounds to me that D* took the easy way out and didn't bother processing the accounts of those who qualify for Fox waivers and only proecessed Fox O&O subs... my gripe to the CSRs was that an O&O customer that pays the same amount of money as me is getting more for their money, when i have just as much right to view channel 88 as they do.

Last night I tuned my reciever to Fox HD and both channels said call ext.721. Therfore I called D* and got a female CSR. I told her that I was recieving the game on Fox HD the night before but for some reason couldnt get it tonight. She said "well technically Fox HD is not available, but hang on and let me check something". So I held on for a few minutes and she came back as a mean bitch. She started telling me that Fox HD is not available yet and we began arguing (I was very polite) since I just had it the night before. She tells me that I am getting it OTA and I tell her I can't get Fox OTA, then she just keeps repeating it is not available. As soon as I would open my mouth to say anything, all that she would say is that it is not available. So I called right back and got a male CSR who was very cool and said "no problem, hang on one sec and I will get that on for you" and within minutes I had the game on. I just dont know why some people have to be such a pain in the ass.

riggscm said:
For what its worth, I just spoke to DirecTV about a myriad of issues, one of which being FOXHD. It was quite obvious the CSR was reading from a script, but, she stated that FOXHD for MLB games is only being shown in O&O areas.

I am not O&O but I am in a white area. I did not get 88 & 89 on the 1st night but I got both on the 2nd night. I will see what happens tonight.

charper1 said:
I am not O&O but I am in a white area. I did not get 88 & 89 on the 1st night but I got both on the 2nd night. I will see what happens tonight.

charper -
I'm had same exact results. Even thought tonights game was rained out, I had black screen, but no message at the bottom indicating "not available". So I'll keep my fingers crossed for Sat. night.

No Fox HD

Anybody else shut out of the NLCS on Fox this afternoon? Im in Phila. I got Fox HD on Wednesday for ALCS, maybe I'll get tonites game.
Pauly

I am in Boston and don't get the NLCS in HD. I get the old x721 message. If the Sox aren't in HD tonight, the marriage between me and D* is over.

seadog said:
I am in Boston and don't get the NLCS in HD. I get the old x721 message. If the Sox aren't in HD tonight, the marriage between me and D* is over.

would you trade the Sox in HD for a Sox win? i know i would. :)

how about OTA? is that not an option?

I know that the Sox will win the next two. And I also know that next weekend I'll be getting a OTA antenna (probably the Square Shooter). Let me just thank all for their input on this board. I'm new and the knowledge and insight is superb.

I am getting MLB in HD on 88 and 89. I have a waiver from the Fox affiliate in Springfield, MO and this can't be an O&O market. Thursday nights game was on as well and everything looked good until the rainout last night so I am hopeful I will be getting all the games as long as DirecTV shows them.

Chris

I had FOX HD 88 the 1st ballgame.....tonight it says call ext721. I just called and the CSR said FOX would not let D* show any more MLB HD. Anyone hear this??????
and I am in O&O area!

Has anyone checked out the Legal action rumor?

A few days ago it was said that Dishnetwork threanten Direct with Legal action. This time they were even more clear, NO FOX HD on O&O not even the game.

well I am getting it. I do have a wavier if that matters. The HD isn't all that great tonight.

I called back in hopes of a different CSR........even worse this time. LOL she says D* does not offer any FOX HD at this time. I said are you sure and she said yes, it's not available to D* period.
Do these people moonlight at VOOM or what

I am in a Fox O and O, and I am now getting the Fox HD games (and now both the west coast and east coast SD feeds) Makes my wife happy since she is from NYC!

and to make an addition to that - it also says on my DirecTV Account
Network: FOX HD_*
Network: FOX from NYC/LA_*

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts