D* Sat locations?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

naccoachbob

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 3, 2007
Nacogdoches, Tx
I currently have E* and when we put in HD, we had trouble with the Sat at 129 being lower in the sky. I live in East Texas about 2 hrs north of Houston.
I'm moving to D* because of costs and programming.
Are the D* sats higher or lower in the sky around here? Seems there's a tree across the street in the neighbor's yard that impeded our original dish location, so we moved it back and left of that. It's about SSW of my house.
Also, I'm seeing references to different model DVR's for HD. Which one would you recommend to me for only 1 tv (currently), or possible a 2nd tv in the future?
Thanks in advance for any/all help.
Bob

I currently have E* and when we put in HD, we had trouble with the Sat at 129 being lower in the sky. I live in East Texas about 2 hrs north of Houston.
Are the D* sats higher or lower in the sky around here? Seems there's a tree across the street in the neighbor's yard that impeded our original dish location, so we moved it back and left of that. It's about SSW of my house.
Also, I'm seeing references to different model DVR's for HD. Which one would you recommend to me for only 1 tv (currently), or possible a 2nd tv in the future?
Bob

It should be easier for you to get signal with D* as they cluster thier sat locations and use one dish now.
They will hit the 99, 101and 103 Sats, the 129 is a long ways from there.

If theres any chance of you getting that other TV anytime soon, I would suggest getting the recvrs now as you'll get a better deal.
Tell the installer that you will be getting a TV soon, you may even be able to have him put it in the system with out charging you yet and tell him you'll call to activate it when you get the other TV .... it's only a $ 5 difference in price ( mirror fee).

Bob

Go here Satellite Finder / Dish Pointing Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com and enter your zip code. You will see exactly where the birds are and the elevation necessary to access them from your location. :)

Thanks, I looked at the 110 and 119, which are the same as E* has. But I didn't know if there were other from D* that I would need for my programming.
If those are the only 2, they're in good locations for me.

Thanks, I looked at the 110 and 119, which are the same as E* has. But I didn't know if there were other from D* that I would need for my programming.

You should check out 99, 101 and 103. Those are the primary locations for DirecTV programming.

I live in the northern suburbs of Atlanta. I have a Slimline 3 Dish with SWM (single wire multi switch). I get all of my D* channels with 99, 101 and 103. Perfect line of site to the Birds, and signal readings between 93 and 100. :)

You should check out 99, 101 and 103. Those are the primary locations for DirecTV programming.

99, 101, and 103 look pretty good to me. The azimuth is higher than 129 by far, and they are more to the south than it is, which means I don't have that tree in the way.
Initially the installer strapped it to the chimney, below sight line from the front of the house, and could go directly into the house for the wiring. But with 129 he had to move it back behind my garage on top of my shop. Now we can go back up the chimney.
It's going to be a cleaner installation than currently. And I know the installer, who does good work around here.
I'll be good to go next week. Hot dang.

Thanks everyone for your help.
Bob

99, 101, and 103 look pretty good to me. The azimuth is higher than 129 by far, and they are more to the south than it is, which means I don't have that tree in the way.
Initially the installer strapped it to the chimney, below sight line from the front of the house, and could go directly into the house for the wiring. But with 129 he had to move it back behind my garage on top of my shop. Now we can go back up the chimney.
It's going to be a cleaner installation than currently. And I know the installer, who does good work around here.

Bob

Strapping it to the chimney isn't the best way to install a dish. Chimneys sometimes move (yes they do!) and deteriorate, too. A roof mount near the chimney would be better.

Bob

Strapping it to the chimney isn't the best way to install a dish. Chimneys sometimes move (yes they do!) and deteriorate, too. A roof mount near the chimney would be better.

A mount at /on the ground would be better yet :)

Chimney mounts that are strapped ..... not sure that I would even accept that.
To much potential movement.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts