D* Shuts off East AND West coast feeds

Status
Please reply by conversation.

brown7610

Original poster
Sep 29, 2005
Serveral months ago, DirtecTV shut off my East coast feed of the 4 networks (I live on the West coast). On May 3, they decided to shut off the West coast feed leaving me with no network access because I cannot get OTA. I have two HR10-250s and the only choice I have is to devolve back to tuners only to get my HD networks or switch to another provider because although local channels are available in my area, D* has no HD DVR yet. I have been with D* for 10 years and invested $1,500 in HR10-250s, and what did the CSR offer: $10 off my subscription for a year. What a screwed up company!

Not following your statement saying "D* has no HD DVR yet." That's what the 10-250 is!

brown7610 said:
Serveral months ago, DirtecTV shut off my East coast feed of the 4 networks (I live on the West coast). On May 3, they decided to shut off the West coast feed leaving me with no network access because I cannot get OTA. I have two HR10-250s and the only choice I have is to devolve back to tuners only to get my HD networks or switch to another provider because although local channels are available in my area, D* has no HD DVR yet. I have been with D* for 10 years and invested $1,500 in HR10-250s, and what did the CSR offer: $10 off my subscription for a year. What a screwed up company!

rlstjohn said:
Not following your statement saying "D* has no HD DVR yet." That's what the 10-250 is!

I believe he is saying that Direct doesn't have a MPEG4 HD DVR yet.

That's right. The local channels I get with the HR10-250 come in as SD. I can't get HD network channels now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)