D*TV and D*network

bmxcookie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 3, 2004
North Platte Nebraska
I have a question. I recently got a DTV triple head LNBF and I am a D*network customer. Will the DTV LNBF ork with my system and will I get 3 orbital's or is this LNBF designed to only work with DTV? I know that D*network has the Superdish and it sees the 119, 110, and 105, will I get anything from the DTV 101?

That's what I thought until I tried pointing single DTV LNBF's on a D500 and picked up 119 and 110 on a Legacy system through SW21 switches. I have a DishPro Twin, 510 and 301 receiver. I am wondering if my DP receivers will see the LNBF. I know that DTV uses Echostars 119 and 110 Satellites. It's a question of compatability.

you can use a D* dish to view a single slot as long as there is no dish pro stuff in the mix, but you can't combine orbitals, as that's what the dish pro technology uses

Welcome to SatelliteGuys.US.

Actually DirecTV (D*) doesn't use EchoStar's satellites, but they have their own at 119, 110, 101, and now 72.5. But the D* LNB is the same as a Dish Network/EchoStar (E*) "legacy" LNB. Dish Network's DishPro LNBs are not the same. You can use the D* LNB on legacy (4-digit model) E* receivers, or on newer DishPro (3-digit model) receivers with a legacy adapter.

For future reference, E*=Dish Network/EchoStar, D*=DirecTV and DTV=any digital TV source (though many use that to mean DirecTV). :)

Legacy Dish Network and DircTV LNBs for use with a single satellite (except D* Sat C LNBs) are compatible and may be used with each other's receivers.

LNBs used for multi-satellite reception (E* Twin and Quad LNBs and the newer D* triple LNB) with integrated switches use different methods to switch between satellite signals and are thus not compatible.

Additionally, the E* legacy adapter is uses to connect a E* legacy receiver to a DishPro LNB. D* LNBs, being functionally identical to E* legacy LNBs would not require a legacy adapter to be connected to E* receivers (DishPro or legacy).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts