This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

D TV Problems Again !

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mdmyers23

Original poster
Jun 12, 2008
[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif'][FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']D TV problems again, I have an HR21 and a Hughes TiVo set up, D TV replaced the Dish and ran 4 lines directly to each receiver. I want to add one more receiver and maybe another down the road. So what can I do to avoid another D TV visit?[/font]
[/font]

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']I have 4 separate lines off the dish; each line goes to one tuner, two tuners per DVR.[/font]

Last edited:
I don't understand why 4 lines to each receiver? You only need 2 with dvr unless you want OTA ran seperately. Did they install a multiswitch? If so, the 4 lines from outside (from the dish) should go into that. Then from there, run 2 lines to each DVR.

HR-21 says you have a slimline dish this has a built in multiswitch with 4 outputs. With 2 dual tuner receivers you are using all 4 outputs to add additional receivers you need a WB68 for 8 lines or a WB616 for 16 lines. Upgrading through D* is probably the cheapest but if you don't want the service call you can buy switches cable and receivers and do it yourself.

Status
Please reply by conversation.