D* uses every trick in the book...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
aec4 said:
That's a different story though. If I already have the switch, OR if I do not need it, they still require the installation. D* Broke 3 of my old Hughes boxes 1 month ago, and when I got them to agree to give me 3 D10's for free, they wanted to send an installer here to install them. They insisted. I talked to the manager 3 levels up and told him that if an installer was required, then I am calling digital cable tomorrow. Amazingly, they sent the boxes without an installer.

The last time I let an installer in my house, he put his hands ALL over my walls, leaving marks in the family room that required repainting the walls. He claimed he didn't do it even though I watched him do it and as soon as he put the hands on the wall, I asked if he wouldn't, and the mark was right where his hands were. When I called D*, they told me I should have bought better paint.

Therefore, an installer is not allowed from this point forward to set foot in my house.
I gotta ask, exactly how did "D*" break your 3 old Hughes boxes?

uboatcmdr said:
I gotta ask, exactly how did "D*" break your 3 old Hughes boxes?
They sent a signal to them, and once the signal was sent, I got x746 (Data Corruption) on my screen.

They sent me 3 new cards, thinking there may be something wrong with them... nope. They worked for 24 hours, and the next evening, something was sent to them (since they appeared out of date) and 3 more boxes of x746.

The CSR found in his database that the old model of Hughes boxes I had (got them in 1998 when I used to rent the equipment thru Bell Atlantic). They agreed to send 3 new D10-300s.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)