D* Whole House Server

Status
Please reply by conversation.
charper1 said:
Is this the same as the Home Media Center?

I didn't know the exact name. It's the unit that will have 4 satellite Receivers in it and will hook up to the house network with client units at other locations.

lee78221 said:
it is called HMC not WHs and the release date is for end or 2005 to 2Q of 2006

Add at least a few months to the end of that range to give a better idea of when this will be out. I've been hearing the last several weeks that most won't even get the new HD DVR until closer to Christmas of 2006. I haven't said this yes as I haven't got official word because their other suppliers (aka box makers) haven't officially told them how much they will have in the next several months. Right now the software and such is pretty stable so its only the hardware supply that would hold it up. In the next two months or so I should be able to give an actual date range within 30-45 days.

LonghornXP said:
Add at least a few months to the end of that range to give a better idea of when this will be out. I've been hearing the last several weeks that most won't even get the new HD DVR until closer to Christmas of 2006. I haven't said this yes as I haven't got official word because their other suppliers (aka box makers) haven't officially told them how much they will have in the next several months. Right now the software and such is pretty stable so its only the hardware supply that would hold it up. In the next two months or so I should be able to give an actual date range within 30-45 days.

Thanks Longhorn,

Any new details on the feature set? Drive capacity? Any clues as to whether the D* HMC or the Verizon Fios 6-tuner DVR will hit the market first?

LonghornXP said:
I've been hearing the last several weeks that most won't even get the new HD DVR until closer to Christmas of 2006.

SAY WHAT??????

LonghornXP said:

Hi Longhorn,

I'm not sure what you mean by that Christmas 2006 statement. Are you saying that the HD-DVR/HMC is going to be released in certain markets first (sorry for the DUMB question)? Thanks - Matthew.

I'm saying that the Home Media Center might be out in mass amounts before the HD DVR is. Right now the Home Media Center is on schedule for it seems a second quarter release date.

Now again until I've got a little more official word on this don't start jumping the gun. But as it stands now it seems that the suppliers of the HD DVR (the makers of the boxes) haven't been able to pump out as many units as they originally said. This means that they might not even have enough supply to even cover the first 15 markets let alone the first 25 markets and NFL Sunday Ticket customers.

To give you an idea D* was told that they would have enough supply for the first 12 markets by years end but that ain't gonna happen not even with luck. We will have to just wait and see.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)