D* Wireless System

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PAHOKIE77

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 7, 2012
South East PA
In the past there has been much speculation about a D* Wireless system (or a one line from the dish to a whole house receiver that would transmit to other receivers wirelessly). This would eliminate the need for hard wiring throughout the house and provide greater flexibility in using D*. Has there been any word on the development of such a system?:confused:

In the past there has been much speculation about a D* Wireless system (or a one line from the dish to a whole house receiver that would transmit to other receivers wirelessly). This would eliminate the need for hard wiring throughout the house and provide greater flexibility in using D*. Has there been any word on the development of such a system?:confused:

The genie mini C41W are in testing and have been rolled out in select markets. They connect to the genie HR44 wirelessly.

Thanks. I currently send D* and OTA over the same line and have been waiting for a D* wireless so that I can still get OTA through the hard wire and D* through wireless. Looks like I will have to wait a little longer. Running separate lines is not an option.;)

Thanks. I currently send D* and OTA over the same line and have been waiting for a D* wireless so that I can still get OTA through the hard wire and D* through wireless. Looks like I will have to wait a little longer. Running separate lines is not an option.;)

From the sounds of your post, and I could be wrong, but it seems like your trying to upgrade to swm wirelessly to continue diplexing signals. Keep in mind that the new boxes are only wireless clients. You still need coax to the genie.

From the sounds of your post, and I could be wrong, but it seems like your trying to upgrade to swm wirelessly to continue diplexing signals. Keep in mind that the new boxes are only wireless clients. You still need coax to the genie.
Coax to the genie is okay. I have the D* dish in-lines and the OTA in-lines to my basement and then have coax lines throughout the house (separate lines to each room). I still currently have the Phase III dish and can diplex the D* and the OTA and send to each room and at each room I can use a diplex to separate the signals. I do not have the SWM which to my understanding does not allow diplexing (nor do any of the newer D* HD receiver systems). So I am thinking the wireless system would allow me to use the genie to send the D* signal to each wireless box. OTA would be sent through the coax. I would connect the OTA to the TV using a F connector and the D* to the TV using the HDMI. Of course the D* box would no longer have control of the OTA signals (my current H-20 HD D* box does both, but it is an old box and newer D* HD boxes do not have that function).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)