D10 Remote

Status
Please reply by conversation.

telecaster

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 20, 2004
I am having trouble getting the D10 remote to operate the volume on TV's with built in VCR's or DVD players.I can program the remote to operate the tv by putting the switch on AUX 1 or 2 and will turn the tv off but not operate volume.
Any suggestions are appreciated.

To program the D10 remote for a TV set you normally need to set the remote's tab on the 'TV' position. I am not aware of any difference if the TV is actually a TV+VCR combo.

It may be that the combo just needs to be treated as if it were 2 separate units.
Did you try programing your remote on both the TV (for the TV part of the combo) and one of the AV positions (for the VCR or DVD player part of the combo).

Nevertheless, still in a normal situation, the 'volume up' and 'volume down' buttons on the remote should work even if the remote isn't actually programmed for your TV set. Only the 'mute' button requires that the remote is programmed so that it would work.

What brand is your combo? What code number are your typing in? Maybe the code number for your appliances are not properly given in the user manual?

You will find that a lot of the TV/VCR combo units will not program using the TV mode.All I can tell you is either try using the code search option or try your luck with an aftermarket universal remote.I know it is a pain I go through it almost every day.Emerson combos seem to do better than the rest,why I don't know.

Tom Cahill said:
You will find that a lot of the TV/VCR combo units will not program using the TV mode.All I can tell you is either try using the code search option or try your luck with an aftermarket universal remote.I know it is a pain I go through it almost every day.Emerson combos seem to do better than the rest,why I don't know.

Thanks.
I have tried using the 993 code to lock the volume to a certain position of the slide with no luck.
Guess it just aint gonna happen.
I am an installer was just wanting to try an find a way to do it.

Appreciate the help anyway.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts