D11-300 having problems with locals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rcijr

Original poster
Mar 1, 2006
I was helping my folks fix their dish, apparently a huge gust of wind came and blew it out of whack. Before I turned the dish back to where it needed to be, I went through the setup of the dish again. It did not detect the 72.5 degree dish for the locals. The other receivers see the dish fine and it has 94% signal strength and the channels come in fine. I called tech support and they had me do the auto detect of the setup. They said it could take 5 - 10 minutes and it would detect the 72.5 degree dish. It sat there for probably an hour before timing out.

Anyone have any ideas on what I can do to make this receiver see that dish and display the locals? Is the receiver just bad? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

If you disconnect the other receivers (sat. in) while you are doing auto-detect its much faster. If still no luck move receiver to a location that works and auto-detect again. If that doesn’t work you probably have a bad box. If it detects the 72.5 finish loading and connect back at original location. After this if you still have problem with locals you probably have a bad multi-switch.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts