D11 Signal Problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NutFlush920

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
Green Bay, WI
I have SWM Line dish and multiple HD DVR's at my house. In the living room I try to turn to any channel on the DirecTV 11 bird and all i get is a picture breaking up (like a bad storm). It is only like this on the channels on the DirecTV 11 though and only on the one reciever. My signal on the 99c appears all in the 80's for tuner 1 and 70's one tuner 2.

1. Why such a difference from tuner 1 to tuner 2?
2. Is my receiver in the living room dying? It is a HR20-700 (first DirecTV HD DVR model).

Any suggestions or thoughts? Everything was fine yesterday.

Maybe the cable or connectors? What happens when you swap RG6 lines around? Does the problem follow or stay with the same receiver and same tune?

I only have 1 line to the HD DVR being on SWM though. I even tried a reset. It is now affecting the DirecTV 10 and DirecTV 11 signals but, again only on the one receiver.m The others all appear fine and the signal strength on all (including the D10 and D11) appear acceptable.

It has to be the reciever. I brought out a different reciever and hooked it up to the line and all was good.

I called DirecTV and they are sending me a new replacement HD DVR. I have to pay $21.05 for shipping but to offset the cost they gave me Showtime free for 3 months. Not bad. I hope I get a HR21 but, will be happy with a HR20 just the same.

Yep, that swap trick will work too; good job! Nice freebie too I guess. I hope you wanted it as opposed to them just waiving the ship costs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts