D12-300 Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gpsit

Original poster
Jan 28, 2013
ND
Will an 18"X20" oval dish with 3 LNB work to get local channels with a Standard Definition D12-300 receiver? If not which dish do I need with the D12-300 receiver to get the local channels?

Answer: Yes it will. You will need to choose Option No. 2, right after the 18" round. Run Satellite setup with No. 2 selected and it will pick up your local channels. You can read how we arrived at this solution below. Iceberg is the man ! ! !

Last edited:
I can get all the directv channels, but not all of the locals. Signal strength is in 90's. anything you can think of that I should look at?

Your sd locals should be on 119, transponder 29. What is your signal strength for that transponder?

That's plenty strong enough to get them. Are you authorized to receive them? You can go to the Directv website and reauthorize your receiver/dvr.

I went through setup again. Get a red "X" in the box to the right of "odd" and below 95 degrees. Green check marks on the rest.

you shouldnt see 95 unless you set it up wrong.

If I remember right it should be (in the sat setup) option 3 (18x20) or maybe option 2. Option 1 is a 18" dish

95W is only used for International channels

Iceberg, you are the man ! ! !. When going through, I missed the LNB at No. 2. Thanks for helping out.

no problem :)

I have a HR34/Genie which automatically finds what setup you have and you can't change it so I was just shooting from the hip.

Ice, its option 02:18"x20" 3 LNB. Option 3 is 03:Slimline 3 LNB.
To the OP.. Lotsa folks make that mistake. Glad you got it sorted out.. I knew what had happened the minute you mentioned the 95 Sat.

Iceberg, you are the man ! ! !. When going through, I missed the LNB at No. 2. Thanks for helping out.

Ice, its option 02:18"x20" 3 LNB. Option 3 is 03:Slimline 3 LNB.

thanks for the info. I know there use to be an option for the Old Phase II (that saw only 101 & 119. You bought a separate LNB for 110 when it had HD) in the setups...maybe they dropped that as really there isnt any of those around (OK maybe 1 or 2 of them) ;)

That was a dangerous answer given how little was known. Fortunately for the OP, it should work out.

I knew all I needed to know. The OP has a Phase III dish with a 3 lnb and D12 receiver. That will get you sd locals anywhere in the country that they are available. If he was in an area not served, I would have suggested he "move" to one that is.

I knew all I needed to know. The OP has a Phase III dish with a 3 lnb and D12 receiver. That will get you sd locals anywhere in the country that they are available. If he was in an area not served, I would have suggested he "move" to one that is.

what else would you expect from a troll? ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)