D12 satellite - now we're receiving signals!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That wasn't Charlies satellite, it was one he was going to rent. :)

The wobbling I am talking about it graphed at the other site by P Smith. By looking at that (and granted I don't know what the numbers mean) it looks like its wobbling a lot. But in all honesty if I knew what those numbers meant it could mean it was only moving a inch or two.

u must have forgotten about charlie's sateliite that never made it into orbit last year.
You may recall that the satellite you cite, AMC 14, wasn't one of Charlie's satellites. It was owned by SES Americom.

There was a public statement issued about the launch vehicle failure that caused that problem. There was also a lawsuit brought by Boeing to effectively prevent SES Americom from salvaging the satellite.

The other site's DIRECTV moderators seem to be bent on assuring that everything is nominal with D12 but the source of their confidence is never identified in even the most general terms. Even with obvious uncertainty of the ongoing testing schedule, they continue to insist that everything is proceeding according to plan. If this was the plan, why didn't DIRECTV apply for an "up to 90 days" testing STA in the first place?

Because 30 days is the norm? Who knows, certainly not you, or me for that matter. Why act like you do? As far as the mods at dbstalk, what do you think they should do, name their sources? Even you are smarter than that. They would be out of a job most likely if they were caught divulging that kind of information.

Maybe the new 3D technology is taking more time to get right. I am sure something like that is pretty tecnical. I am trying not to get too bent out of shape. I believe that there may be a hiccup, but think they will get it fixed. Sometimes things happen I guess.

You may recall that the satellite you cite, AMC 14, wasn't one of Charlie's satellites. It was owned by SES Americom.

There was a public statement issued about the launch vehicle failure that caused that problem. There was also a lawsuit brought by Boeing to effectively prevent SES Americom from salvaging the satellite.

thanks (and scott) for reminding me. sorry, my bad.

Because 30 days is the norm? Who knows, certainly not you, or me for that matter. Why act like you do? As far as the mods at dbstalk, what do you think they should do, name their sources? Even you are smarter than that. They would be out of a job most likely if they were caught divulging that kind of information.

take it from this retired reporter. i have been out of the business for over 10 years. to this day, even my best friends (both journalists) still don't know who my sources were.

Maybe the new 3D technology is taking more time to get right. I am sure something like that is pretty tecnical. I am trying not to get too bent out of shape. I believe that there may be a hiccup, but think they will get it fixed. Sometimes things happen I guess.
3D has nothing to do with it.

Sending a 3D signal via satellite is no different then sending a HD signal.

take it from this retired reporter. i have been out of the business for over 10 years. to this day, even my best friends (both journalists) still don't know who my sources were.

Exactly my point!

OK , So I want to know, do I stop D* from installing tomorrow?

I will if D12 is a no go.?

I don't know why with all sources of information out there , No one has a clue about what the Deal is.
D* better start talking.

I don't know why with all sources of information out there , No one has a clue about what the Deal is.
D* better start talking.
I would recommend rescheduling for now

D* better start talking.

Supposedly sources say everything is "fine" but I don't trust the sources. This wouldn't be the first time a reporter's source intentionally (I'm not specifically saying with D* but just with sources in general) gave them false info to push an agenda/spin.

Others are right. I would reschedule for later. Sometime soon either D12 will start moving towards 103 or D* will have to file with the SEC. It doesn't even have to be a major failure for D* to have to file. They had to file with the SEC when a small set of spot beams failed since that would impact HD LiL delivery and therefore D*'s ability to make money in the impacted market(s).

I agree reschedule we will know more within two weeks ( MY best guess)...I agree with Scott though, the little tingles in my stomach are not giving me a good feeling about all this right now, but we will see before we dive off the deep end.

D* claims they have no information on any issue on D12 from their Media department as of right now..
Thats the best answer I got.
He claims I can postpone install for untill next month if I want.

But Still thinking.

MRV maybe Available for me in 1 month, also they replace my R16 and Tivo with R22 or H23-24 If I want for $99 if I go with the MRV option ,that will give me the Networking and SWM setup.

So some good offers still on the table.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)