DAC's - Digital to Analog converters

Update. Went ahead and pulled the trigger on DAC. I can say there is a subjective 150 dollar improvement vs using a
For only $2.40 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 6ft Premium 3.5mm Stereo Male to 2RCA Male 22AWG Cable (Gold Plated) - Black | Premium 3.5mm to RCA Audio Cables

Bass was much less fuzzy-tighter than before. Vocal more crisp. Actually sounding better with use. I am using my vintage set up H/K 430 and DLK 1 speakers. I am going to take it home and try it on my HT set up- an H/K 245 and Mirage Nanosats to see is there is a noticeable difference between HDMI the DAC

Kevinw said:
Update. Went ahead and pulled the trigger on DAC. I can say there is a subjective 150 dollar improvement vs using a
For only $2.40 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 6ft Premium 3.5mm Stereo Male to 2RCA Male 22AWG Cable (Gold Plated) - Black | Premium 3.5mm to RCA Audio Cables

Bass was much less fuzzy-tighter than before. Vocal more crisp. Actually sounding better with use. I am using my vintage set up H/K 430 and DLK 1 speakers. I am going to take it home and try it on my HT set up- an H/K 245 and Mirage Nanosats to see is there is a noticeable difference between HDMI the DAC

How's the sound difference at home with hdmi vs dac? And what's your audio source, an iPod/iPhone?

OK using Pandora through my computer I tried a comparison between analog with the DAC and HDMI- letting my Harman/ Kardon do the conversion 192kHz/24-bit vs 96kHz/24 bit of the DAC. Obviously I did not hear any difference. All depends upon you system

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)