DAC's - Digital to Analog converters

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Update. Went ahead and pulled the trigger on DAC. I can say there is a subjective 150 dollar improvement vs using a
For only $2.40 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 6ft Premium 3.5mm Stereo Male to 2RCA Male 22AWG Cable (Gold Plated) - Black | Premium 3.5mm to RCA Audio Cables

Bass was much less fuzzy-tighter than before. Vocal more crisp. Actually sounding better with use. I am using my vintage set up H/K 430 and DLK 1 speakers. I am going to take it home and try it on my HT set up- an H/K 245 and Mirage Nanosats to see is there is a noticeable difference between HDMI the DAC

Kevinw said:
Update. Went ahead and pulled the trigger on DAC. I can say there is a subjective 150 dollar improvement vs using a
For only $2.40 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 6ft Premium 3.5mm Stereo Male to 2RCA Male 22AWG Cable (Gold Plated) - Black | Premium 3.5mm to RCA Audio Cables

Bass was much less fuzzy-tighter than before. Vocal more crisp. Actually sounding better with use. I am using my vintage set up H/K 430 and DLK 1 speakers. I am going to take it home and try it on my HT set up- an H/K 245 and Mirage Nanosats to see is there is a noticeable difference between HDMI the DAC

How's the sound difference at home with hdmi vs dac? And what's your audio source, an iPod/iPhone?

OK using Pandora through my computer I tried a comparison between analog with the DAC and HDMI- letting my Harman/ Kardon do the conversion 192kHz/24-bit vs 96kHz/24 bit of the DAC. Obviously I did not hear any difference. All depends upon you system

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)