Daily Show Not Recording

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kc1ih

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 25, 2006
For the past several weeks The Daily Show on Comedy Central is not recording about half the time. I'm using a VIP 612 and have the timer set to record new shows only. Sometimes the day before the guide shows the show as set to record, but when the time comes the record symbol is gone. Is anyone else having this problem or have a solution? Thanks!

For the past several weeks The Daily Show on Comedy Central is not recording about half the time. I'm using a VIP 612 and have the timer set to record new shows only. Sometimes the day before the guide shows the show as set to record, but when the time comes the record symbol is gone. Is anyone else having this problem or have a solution? Thanks!

I don't know about half the time, but it didn't record last night for me. Probably more crap Rovi data.

Now that you mentioned it, I just noticed that The Daily Show is not scheduled to record tomorrow, even though it is listed as being 'new'. I haven't paid much attention to this, but now that you pointed out the problem, I will have to check more often. I have a HWS.

Reactions: charlesrshell
So the problem is it records 1/2 the time. :devilish

Over time since Rovi I have had the same problems with Storage Wars particularly but Pawn stars at time but not in recently. In fact when Pawn Stars was two 1/2 hours shows sometimes one would record the other not even thought both said new. Some weeks Storage wars would record other weeks not unless I intervened. It must be something in the coding, meaning simply saying new isn't enough it has to be coded that way too.

It must be something in the coding, meaning simply saying new isn't enough it has to be coded that way too.
I think you are right. I long time ago, on a Charlie Chat, Dish said that the program guide information that we see in the guide is not the same information that Dish uses to record the program. That information is hidden from our view. Since I have had many shows that did not record even though they were listed as new, that would seem to confirm that what Dish said on the Charlie Chat is still true today.

Fyi....daily show is available on demand on dish the day after it airs and also full extended episodes for free (with commercials) at comedy centrals website the next morning. I know the timer should work and the guide is messed up but I was just passing along the info

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: ncted
I think that it is in the wording that the description of the show. By that I mean that if they change a word or delete a word the hopper picks up on that and changes the timer not to record it.

Reactions: kc1ih
yeah, just create a new manual recording, plus the show now ends later as it seems Comedy Central has extended the lenght of the show to end later.

plus there's usually a encore at 1:35 AM ET/12:35 AM CT

Sent from my RCT6873W42M using Tapatalk

Daily Show is one of the shows I've had the most trouble with but it records corrected these days about 99% of the time. Haven't had any trouble with it in the last two weeks, though last night's did record weird, like there was no guide data.

Hell my wife is griping that The View on ABC hasn't been recording all week. Turns out the guide information is now generic with no record dates in the information. So add one more show to my Tablo to record ,because the guide information for the ota locals has been flawless so far, unlike the Hopper.

The guide data for The Science Channel is absolutely atrocious. It used to be very consistently accurate before Dish switched to that low-cost guide provider.

Yeah the guide has been very messed up the past couple of weeks. Speaking of Sci channel my H3 recorded 4 episodes of Mysteries of the Abandoned as "new" this past weekend and they were all episodes from last Fall. Today it recorded a 2014 episode of Counting Cars as "new," I've missed "new" timers firing from The Good Place to The Masked Singer to The Cool Kids and more plus I had to set the timer for Pure on WGN to new and reruns because there's no description except for "1/1/17."

Kind of sucks that I pay Dish $100 a month for my service and I have to shell out $13 more to sub to Hulu so I can catch up on things my H3 didn't record :oldmad

Reactions: MikeD-C05

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)