Dallas TX channel's in St. Louis, Mo

MidwestTexan

Original poster
Sep 24, 2010
St. Louis, MO
I've been reading some of the post and sadly found out I cannot get local Dallas channel's in St. Louis..... But, the only thing I really want is to see the Dallas Cowboys. I understand the spot beam thing and know I'm outside of the Dallas area although it looks like Fox shows the games in Northern Arkansas and I'm hopeful that I'm in that spot beam area. Jonesboro, Ark looked to be the closest city to St. Louis, Mo.
I have no idea how all this works or the lingo so i'll be learning as I go along!

Thanks in advance for all the help.....

Jordan

Check your signal strength on 129 TR 3 for FT Smith or 129 tr 14 for Tulsa. If the transponder changes to spot beam and you have adequate signal strength then you could "move" to one of those locals for the Cowboys games. We get them Cowboys every week.

Actually I would look at 110 tr 4 for Tulsa and 110 tr23 for Ft Smith for the SD locals. I don't think you will see much signal on 129 for the HD locals. The spot beams on 110 for the sd locals get closer to the St Louis area. Good luck. A larger dedicated dish like a 1m might help you sniff out more signal if you are borderline on the signal strength.

Thanks!
How about the Evansville, IN and/or Owensboro, KY area? Anyone there have any numbers I can try? Per the map they will be viewing the Cowboys game this week....

So do i just go to: 6 system setup 1 Installation 1 Point dish and then change the sat and tr number? Then press done?

Thanks again for all the help!

Jordan

I've entered 110 tr4 and the signal strength is only 14... I went to help and the guide stated that if 110 isnt good use 119, so i did... It bumped up to a 43 and was green! The problem is, I hit done and it does it's thing.... But I'm still on my local channel's. When I go back to point the dish, it automatically goes back to my default settings....

Point dish only allows you to check signal strength. The receiver goes to the satellite and transponder that DISH has told it corresponds to your subscribed local channels.

Right on! I checked it and I have a 53 signal strength!
Will I be able to get HD? Also, where did you find that map so I can look again if I have another issue w/ getting the Cowboys? They will be on primetime for a lot of games but there will be some that aren't and it would be helpful to see if I can get a good signal....

Thanks again for the help guys....

Jordan Wilson

Top of the page.. The List click on subscription list choose which sat you want to see the channels lists for scroll down to find the city you want and click on the spotbeam link and it will show a map of the coverage area.

Top of the page.. The List click on subscription list choose which sat you want to see the channels lists for scroll down to find the city you want and click on the spotbeam link and it will show a map of the coverage area.

Once to the sat on the list you can click on Market and it will list all of those in alpha order. Jonesboro is all SD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts