Dammit Dish.............

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It's worse this year...

I've been a dish HD customer for a couple of years, and have put up with a game or two a week being in SD. But this year seems particularly bad, with several games in a row starting in SD-only and then going to HD about halfway through.

Is this supposed to be a better alternative?

The Texas Rangers have been SD only this week. All the great customer service in the world won't make up for that.

sorry Hoss but youre wrong. The only RSN's that are game only in HD are FS Ohio and FS Cincy. The rest are HD 24/7. Dish subs are getting the shaft.

Well now I'm confused. My FSOH only shows the REDS games in HD every three games or so. The SD broadcasts are HORRIBLE, popping the picture constantly making the players short and squat or tall and stretched making it it difficult and FRUSTRATING to watch. I've played with my screen resolution (4X3, 16X9, Wide Fit, Zooms-everything) to try and compensate for this to no avail. In addition to this annoyance, the picture is grainy and almost "blurry" as if has been extremely condensed. It's like I'm watching a broadcast from the 60s.

And the NHL just signed a 10 year deal with NBC and Versus. ESPN was outbid I guess, but the bottom line is that millions (many many millions) of people that have ESPN do not have Versus. Of course all of those that are Dish subs could get Versus if they wanted to pay more $$$ but I don't think you'll see much of that just to get Versus. I wonder how many would jump up to the 200 package if Versus was included. Oh well. Versus is mostly hockey and Dish has never been promoted as a sports haven. It is what it is.

Well now I'm confused. My FSOH only shows the REDS games in HD every three games or so. The SD broadcasts are HORRIBLE, popping the picture constantly making the players short and squat or tall and stretched making it it difficult and FRUSTRATING to watch. I've played with my screen resolution (4X3, 16X9, Wide Fit, Zooms-everything) to try and compensate for this to no avail. In addition to this annoyance, the picture is grainy and almost "blurry" as if has been extremely condensed. It's like I'm watching a broadcast from the 60s.
His comment was in reference to Direct, not Dish. IOW, he was stating that ALL RSNs are 24/7 HD on Direct except for the two he mentioned which are game only. Even those two show every game in HD with no JIP message.

Even game-only (though not ideal) would be acceptable. Right now it is a crapshoot. So far it seems to be about 50-50 for the Rangers on Fox Sports Southwest. When it is in SD, I usually turn it on the radio and go in the back yard. I'd rather listen than watch in SD. :-(

Again, I don't complain constantly because it is the way it is. That is Dish's choice. I complain because the information on their website is misleading and you are forced to sign a 2-year contract. Knowing what I know now, I would've gone with DirecTV when I upgraded to HD. I cuss myself and Dish every night there is a Texas Rangers game on but in SD.

His comment was in reference to Direct, not Dish. IOW, he was stating that ALL RSNs are 24/7 HD on Direct except for the two he mentioned which are game only. Even those two show every game in HD with no JIP message.

Thanks for the quick reply DodgerKing. I didn't catch that he reference DirecTv- apologies to everyone. Pardon my ignorance, but what is JIP?

JIP-joined in progress

Dish since they only have X amount of bandwidth if your team is playing on the west coast, Dish cant switch to that game in HD unless the previous game that is using the bandwdith is done. If the early game runs long then you are joined in progress

correct.
The dish rep said that some RSN"s arent providing the games in HD all the time and I was mentioning that while FSN Ohio and FSN Cincy are not in HD 24/7, they are in HD for games which Directv subs can see. Everything else is in SD

With Dish its everything in SD unless you're one of the privileged few who gets a game in HD for that night

I'm in Fort Collins and the Rockies broadcasts were great for the first month of the season. Suddenly starting this Sunday we haven't had a game in HD since. Supposedly we're going to get a JIP tonight (it's already the 2nd inning now.) I was with Comcast for the past couple of years, and that is a much better option for people who want to watch Rockies games, plus they have MLB Network. Dish apparently doesn't give a crap about baseball fans.

I wonder if this is due to the satellites that crashed a couple years ago. Seems like people in Denver Metro could at least get a spot beam.

Its over a hour and half into the A's game against the Indians and still no HD feed yet!! Also, there was no HD feed at all for the Giants at Mets game either...despite the fact that it was in on screen guide earlier this week in HD ( I set a timer for it). It somehow disappeared today that it was in HD.

No HD at all for A's game or Giants game despite the fact the regular season is over for both the NBA and NHL. Dish Sux!!

styxfix said:
No HD at all for A's game or Giants game despite the fact the regular season is over for both the NBA and NHL. Dish Sux!!

Sharks playoff game was in HD, which is why the A's were sent to the alternate channel. As for the Giants, this is only the second game I've tuned into this season that wasn't HD. So not a bad level of HD coverage at all.

Sharks playoff game was in HD, which is why the A's were sent to the alternate channel. As for the Giants, this is only the second game I've tuned into this season that wasn't HD. So not a bad level of HD coverage at all.

But the A's game was in the guide as HD on 441..but DISH never turned it on. There's plenty of HD bandwidth at 10et..DISH just never hit the switch again.

I would say one game not in HD when all are broadcast in HD is bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)