Original poster
Apr 9, 2008
MA
Man does this week S-U-C-K!!!!

Get well soon Danny!

Thu, 04/16/2009 - 6:08pm

Ainge has heart attack

By: Rob Bradford

Jeff Goodman of WEEI.com and Foxsports.com has learned through Danny Ainge's son Austin that the Celtics' GM has suffered a heart attack, but is resting comfortably after being taken to the hospital early Thursday morning. The story, reported first by WCVB-TV, states Ainge woke up Thursday morning with chest pains and taken to a hospital, where it was discovered that he had an artery which was 100 percent clogged, forcing a stent to be inserted. Ainge was originally scheduled to appear on WEEI's The Big Show Thursday afternoon, but was not available due to sickness.

The Celtics just released the following statement: "Danny Ainge is recovering at Massachusetts General Hospital after having a minor heart attack. He is recovering nicely. Mr. Ainge is expected to remain in the hospital for a few days."

I was rather shocked by this, because he is only 50.

My father was the oldest to have a heart attack at 52. I'm 51 now, so I'm waiting for mine to hit home.

BTW, I'd have a heart attack too, if I just found out my best player was probably done for the year, just as the playoff's start.

My father was the oldest to have a heart attack at 52. I'm 51 now, so I'm waiting for mine to hit home.

BTW, I'd have a heart attack too, if I just found out my best player was probably done for the year, just as the playoff's start.

The timing of this made me think whether this was a factor.

I'd go ASAP. The Cavs will surely be causing Detroit fans some serious stress in the upcoming days. :)

No stress on us. Nobody here gives a chance. BUT, if we steal one in the first two, I'm sure your blood pressure will go through the roof.:D

I would love to see this go 7, or for the Pistons to even win this. If they did, they would have a shot at another conference final. But mostly I would like to see this happen just to see you squirm a little.:eek:

Fri, 04/17/2009 - 1:57pm

Doctor's orders: Ainge told to stay away from Celtics playoff opener

By: Mike Petraglia

WALTHAM - Celtics coach Doc Rivers said on Friday that he had exchanged text messages with his boss, Danny Ainge, the Celtics GM suffered a mild heart attack on Thursday morning and was taken to Massachusetts General Hospital. Rivers said following practice Friday that Ainge is doing much better and that doctors have instructed him to stay away from the first two games of the playoff series with Chicago, which begins 12:30 p.m. Saturday at TD Banknorth Garden. "I hope not," Rivers said when asked if Ainge would try to fight the orders. "Knowing Danny, I wouldn't be shocked. I know (Saturday) he will not be, I'm positive of that. And he shouldn't be at Monday's (game). I know there's doctor's orders, and not mine but the real doctors have told him he can't come but I've never known Danny to really listen. I wouldn't be shocked but he shouldn't be there. He shouldn't watch probably." For more, visit the Green Street blog.

No stress on us. Nobody here gives a chance. BUT, if we steal one in the first two, I'm sure your blood pressure will go through the roof.:D

I would love to see this go 7, or for the Pistons to even win this. If they did, they would have a shot at another conference final. But mostly I would like to see this happen just to see you squirm a little.:eek:

LOL. You're absolutely right I'd be a nervous wreck if that happens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)