RIP Harry Kalas

Harry has passed per ESPN News.

Another sad day in baseball. Man, this is turning into a sad early season! :(

R.I.P. Harry.

To me, you and John Facenda will always be the voices of NFL Films!

I just heard this and I am again shaken to my core! One of THE vocies of baseball now gone from us.

THIS BASEBALL SEASON SUCKS!

GOD, CAN WE PLEASE GET A REDO???? PLEASE????????:(

Very, very sad day.

In retrospect, I was glad the Phillies won the World Series last fall- before he unfortunately left, at least he got to call a championship season.

I know baseball is a different sport from hockey, but I know what it's like to lose an announcer that you and other fans of your team admire and respect.

I remember what it was like when former Buffalo Sabres TV announcer Ted Darling passed away- that hit me close to the heart, being a Sabres fans who grew up in Buffalo and listening to him in the late 80s and early 90s as I grew into a fan of the team.

My condolences to his family and the Phillies organization.

My condolences to his family. Thats too bad. Just a great voice overall. He got to see the Phillies win the World Series. Very sad, even though Im a Mets fan, its just too bad.

Harry Kalas

I remember when Kalas arrived as a Phillies announcer. I thought he was just using the Phillies as a temporary stepping stone to the New York market. But I grew to appreciate the teaming of Kalas and Richie Ashburn as a broadcast team. Also he was a great replacement for John Facenda as a voice of the NFL films. I choose to use a smily face for the fond memories.

Watching a Phils game without hearing him call it would be like watching a Dodgers game without Scully calling it. He will be missed. RIP

BTW, for those NFL fans, he was the voice behind NFL Classic Films.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts