RIP Harry Kalas

Harry has passed per ESPN News.

Another sad day in baseball. Man, this is turning into a sad early season! :(

R.I.P. Harry.

To me, you and John Facenda will always be the voices of NFL Films!

I just heard this and I am again shaken to my core! One of THE vocies of baseball now gone from us.

THIS BASEBALL SEASON SUCKS!

GOD, CAN WE PLEASE GET A REDO???? PLEASE????????:(

Very, very sad day.

In retrospect, I was glad the Phillies won the World Series last fall- before he unfortunately left, at least he got to call a championship season.

I know baseball is a different sport from hockey, but I know what it's like to lose an announcer that you and other fans of your team admire and respect.

I remember what it was like when former Buffalo Sabres TV announcer Ted Darling passed away- that hit me close to the heart, being a Sabres fans who grew up in Buffalo and listening to him in the late 80s and early 90s as I grew into a fan of the team.

My condolences to his family and the Phillies organization.

My condolences to his family. Thats too bad. Just a great voice overall. He got to see the Phillies win the World Series. Very sad, even though Im a Mets fan, its just too bad.

Harry Kalas

I remember when Kalas arrived as a Phillies announcer. I thought he was just using the Phillies as a temporary stepping stone to the New York market. But I grew to appreciate the teaming of Kalas and Richie Ashburn as a broadcast team. Also he was a great replacement for John Facenda as a voice of the NFL films. I choose to use a smily face for the fond memories.

Watching a Phils game without hearing him call it would be like watching a Dodgers game without Scully calling it. He will be missed. RIP

BTW, for those NFL fans, he was the voice behind NFL Classic Films.