Darn my dish iced up...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

907TECH

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 29, 2018
Alaska
Photos of co workers. Same dish, two different occasions.

Attachments

• 281.jpg
    281.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 303
  • 231.jpg
    231.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 290
Had a bunch of freezing rain today... but my dishes don't look THAT bad!
Looks like a mountain top way up in the clouds.

The dish/mount must really be engineered well to endure all that extra weight as well as the wind load. With my mesh dish I'm constantly brushing it off in the winter but for you not to many ways to knock the ice off without risk of damaging the dish or mount.

The dish/mount must really be engineered well to endure all that extra weight as well as the wind load. With my mesh dish I'm constantly brushing it off in the winter but for you not to many ways to knock the ice off without risk of damaging the dish or mount.

Yep, these have been standing since 1975 or so, AZ/EL mounts with motor drive 7 meters in size. Exposed to horrific winds at times, 30 KW of electric heat to try to prevent icing on the reflector but they get overwhelmed sometimes with ice anyway and knocked out of service.

Reactions: raydio and NoReDist
Yep, these have been standing since 1975 or so, AZ/EL mounts with motor drive 7 meters in size. Exposed to horrific winds at times, 30 KW of electric heat to try to prevent icing on the reflector but they get overwhelmed sometimes with ice anyway and knocked out of service.
30kw!!! You need a dish heat pump lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts