Data Formats

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

NewsTips

EM84tx
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 19, 2012
Taylors,SC
I am sure everyone has encountered this problem. A loose remote with no knowledge of what it goes to. The one I have is in great shape yet has NO markings from manufacturer. It has buttons for play pause etc. that suggest it is for some sort of CD DVD player. But the two we have already have remotes.

Is there an (app?) that would receive the IR emissions and recognize who made this thing based on the protocol? Or another way to ID this?

Attachments

• unk.jpeg
    unk.jpeg
    137.6 KB · Views: 113
Nothing inside the battery compartment?

Definitely DVD based on the Angle button (I never came across a DVD with that enabled) and the A-B button was a feature where you could tell the DVD to play between (loop) two locations over and over again.

Nothing inside the battery compartment?

Definitely DVD based on the Angle button (I never came across a DVD with that enabled) and the A-B button was a feature where you could tell the DVD to play between (loop) two locations over and over again.

Thank you...I sorta guessed that. But whose? I did check the battery compartment. Its just very weird not to have a company Logo at least.

It sounds like any label on the back that might have helped you peeled off. It wasn't in the drawer or box you found the remote, was it?

edit: Google to the rescue! Check out this remote: