Davenport Iowa HD Locals?

So I will have to make a service call to get the new dish. should I do this now so I can get a head of the curve. Also my dish has never been grounded can I make them do this also if they are putting up a new dish? and Nov 4th that is over a month and it says we have them now on the dish website.

Shouldn't the stuff they talk about in the retailers chat be golden? I know if I was a new customer and looking at D* or E* and the rep said well E* will have locals in HD this week and I went with them and it never came I would be pissed. And do all retailers watch those chats because I was in the mall last week and some guy tried to get me to switch from E* to D* (they sell both) and I said local HD is coming next week to E* and he thought I was crazy well maybe he was right but he hadn't heard anything about E* coming with local HD to the QC.

the information i have is that paducah and davenport will launch on november 4th, and will both be on 77, the eastern arc 1000.4 will be required.. now i am assuming like all other things, it could change at any moment, but that is on a official communication from dish to retailers.. i have a 1000.4 aimed at work, and we DO NOT have them yet, i hope nov 4th is as long as we have to wait..

jasper

What kind of source gave you the nov 4th info? Reliable? That date sounds a little more doable since they haven't uplinked and tested it yet but I'm curious what kind of source gave you that info.

the information i have is that paducah and davenport will launch on november 4th, and will both be on 77, the eastern arc 1000.4 will be required.. now i am assuming like all other things, it could change at any moment, but that is on a official communication from dish to retailers.. i have a 1000.4 aimed at work, and we DO NOT have them yet, i hope nov 4th is as long as we have to wait..

jasper
so what dish do we normally have in davenport I think that I have a 1000.4 but I am not sure. I know that 77 does not show up when I do a check switch. Am I totally off base here?

What kind of source gave you the nov 4th info? Reliable? That date sounds a little more doable since they haven't uplinked and tested it yet but I'm curious what kind of source gave you that info.

i work for a retailer in burlington, a little more then a hour south of davenport.. i got this information directly from a echosphere retailer communication.. so this is there agenda, i am not sure why the descrepency on the dealer chat, cause the communication i am referring to is dated 9-24 (the same day of the retailer chat.)

Last edited:
so what dish do we normally have in davenport I think that I have a 1000.4 but I am not sure. I know that 77 does not show up when I do a check switch. Am I totally off base here?

no, in this market we have always used the western arc which is the dish 500 or superdish for standard def (119,110), and a dish 1000 or 1000.2 for high def.. (110,119,129). with hd locals you will need a 1000.4 eastern arc dish (61.5,72,77). i live on the line which seperates us from the quincy illinois market, and they have been eastern arc for almost a year, so i have some experience with them.. very nice dish, but be forewarned, it points an entirely different direction... where the 1000.2 points south by southwest.. the 1000.4 points south by southeast..

no, in this market we have always used the western arc which is the dish 500 or superdish for standard def (119,110), and a dish 1000 or 1000.2 for high def.. (110,119,129). with hd locals you will need a 1000.4 eastern arc dish (61.5,72,77). i live on the line which seperates us from the quincy illinois market, and they have been eastern arc for almost a year, so i have some experience with them.. very nice dish, but be forewarned, it points an entirely different direction... where the 1000.2 points south by southwest.. the 1000.4 points south by southeast..
So I gess this means we will need a wing dish? Isnt this the way it started out in Des Moines? A month late and needing a wing dish.

I would prefer not to have a wing dish and just go to Eastern Arc with a 1000.4. Actually better LOS than what I have now. Hopefully that is what they'll do.

I wonder just who pays for this 'upgrade'?

Just talked with my dealer and he told me November 4th and we will need a wing dish. He told me the upgrade would be free. Another screw up by Dish!

Not sure if I would really say it is a Dish screw up, it's just the way that weird shaped DMA fell into the spotbeam layout. It isn't totally covered by one beam on 129. To be fair, at least they are not waiting for E-14 to cover your DMA.

Not sure if I would really say it is a Dish screw up, it's just the way that weird shaped DMA fell into the spotbeam layout. It isn't totally covered by one beam on 129. To be fair, at least they are not waiting for E-14 to cover your DMA.

The screw up is the screen showing Sept. 30th!..... as well as announcing last November coming soon and 3 months ago coming soon. I fully expect another problem November 4th.

Just talked with my dealer and he told me November 4th and we will need a wing dish. He told me the upgrade would be free. Another screw up by Dish!

How far away from the main dish can a wing dish be? There is no LOS to the SE from where my current 1000.2 is at. They'd have to go to the other end of the house, which is no big deal for me and it would be a nice clear shot with no trees at all that could grow in the way.

How far away from the main dish can a wing dish be? There is no LOS to the SE from where my current 1000.2 is at. They'd have to go to the other end of the house, which is no big deal for me and it would be a nice clear shot with no trees at all that could grow in the way.

Good question. My dish is on the west side of the house and can see south west but will not be able to see south east. I would have to put it on the east side of the house and have one on either side.

I think for me to hit the eastern arc my dish would have to be put on the other side of my house would this also be included in the upgrade with 2 year