Davenport Iowa HD Locals?

Called Dish CSR, being QC locals will be coming off 77, I upgraded from a 1000.2 to a 1000.4 dish. Free installation with a 2 year commitment or 99.95 with no commitment.

Why should we have to get a two year commitment? ... or pay 99.00? It is an inconvenience to us to have an ugly additional dish. Dish should offer us something for this inconvenience.

Why should we have to get a two year commitment? ... or pay 99.00? It is an inconvenience to us to have an ugly additional dish. Dish should offer us something for this inconvenience.

It seems to me that they are offering you something for the inconvenience, HD locals. And a dish. You don't have to take them.

I was just wondering because when I went to HD I had two installers and the one pointed my dish in about 5 mins. The other installer even made a comment about how fast he was so I don't know if it was pointed that well since I get more fade outs then ever before. Plus they never grounded it and that kind of ticked me off also. I do have and OTA antenna next to the dish that I am guessing I will have to move (using a diplexer). Also can I request that they put in a switch while they are up there. I only have two TVs but very soon next year or so I will want to add a third TV and I can run the cable.

How can I check to see in EA is going to work is there a map or something I can look up to see how the dish would be pointed if it was looking at the EA.

It seems to me that they are offering you something for the inconvenience, HD locals. And a dish. You don't have to take them.

Nor do I have to stay with Dish!!! .... they need to supply locals to be competitive ... but not at my expense. Fortunately I like Dish but it seems strange people in Peoria, Des Moines and Cedar Rapids get it free with no ugly erxtra dish or expense!!!

Nor do I have to stay with Dish!!! .... they need to supply locals to be competitive ... but not at my expense. Fortunately I like Dish but it seems strange people in Peoria, Des Moines and Cedar Rapids get it free with no ugly erxtra dish or expense!!!

Try to talk them into giving you a 1000.4 dish, then you would have only one dish. If you can live with the 2yr commitment, there will be no cost either, as I understand it.

Try to talk them into giving you a 1000.4 dish, then you would have only one dish. If you can live with the 2yr commitment, there will be no cost either, as I understand it.

I think you are missing my point. Money is not an issue with me. The issue is other markets don't need to sign a new 2 year agreement or pay 99.00 to get their locals in HD. Give me the ugly Dish but I really should not need to sign a new agreement nor pay 99.00.

If I put it on the other side of my house it might just make it I would like for them to install it next week before the leaves fall because I don't want any surprises come spring time. Think I can get installed before Nov 4th? also what about asking from them to install a switch?

Here is a pic of were I think they can put the dish. I have it on the south east corner now. and I don't think that will work. Only think when I select just 61.5 it is cutting through the trees more that scares me some.

Attachments

• Satfinder.jpg
    Satfinder.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 111
Here is a pic of were I think they can put the dish. I have it on the south east corner now. and I don't think that will work. Only think when I select just 61.5 it is cutting through the trees more that scares me some.

Sad thing is in a couple months they will probably move them and we won't need the second dish ..which is what happened in Des Moines.

If I put it on the other side of my house it might just make it I would like for them to install it next week before the leaves fall because I don't want any surprises come spring time. Think I can get installed before Nov 4th? also what about asking from them to install a switch?

I called Friday for an 1000.4, install is monday, anytime between 8 and noon, and yes every time i have upgraded they have been timely, courteous and professional

There's always the bigger DirecTV KA dish. The 1000.4 isn't that big.

If it is that big of a deal for you then just "move" to another market and call it done, use the dishes you have now, and don't sign a 2 yr agreement, no money out of your pocket...

There's always the bigger DirecTV KA dish. The 1000.4 isn't that big.

If it is that big of a deal for you then just "move" to another market and call it done, use the dishes you have now, and don't sign a 2 yr agreement, no money out of your pocket...

Again ... missing the point. I already have a square shooter bringing in my locals but the additional recording option will be nice. Could care less if it costs me more money but the priciple of it doesn't make sense. Other markets don't have to sign a new agreement when they receive their locals nor get charged extra. It is not the customers problem that Dish is putting this in a location requiring people to use another dish. Why penalize them by adding a new 2 year contract or a 99.00 second dish install.

Again ... missing the point. I already have a square shooter bringing in my locals but the additional recording option will be nice. Could care less if it costs me more money but the priciple of it doesn't make sense. Other markets don't have to sign a new agreement when they receive their locals nor get charged extra. It is not the customers problem that Dish is putting this in a location requiring people to use another dish. Why penalize them by adding a new 2 year contract or a 99.00 second dish install.

No, I understand what you are saying, but no one is forcing you to get HD locals. You could always buy a Dish 1000.4 yourself. Or you could moan to Dish, I have heard people getting it waived. It just happens that your market falls in between 2 beams without one beam covering the whole market. It could be worse, like Wichita with no HD locals scheduled at all.

No, I understand what you are saying, but no one is forcing you to get HD locals. You could always buy a Dish 1000.4 yourself. Or you could moan to Dish, I have heard people getting it waived. It just happens that your market falls in between 2 beams without one beam covering the whole market. It could be worse, like Wichita with no HD locals scheduled at all.

LOL ... my luck having a location between two beams. Too bad I think D* stinks because they have one dish and have had HD locals for almost two years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)