Davenport Iowa HD Locals?

this is my signal strength on WA
110 32
119 68
129 61

don't know if this is good or not but I will post what i get either with wing or 1000.4
what should you get on the EA for strength?

What transponder did you test on 110? That is really low! But your 129 signals look great! 110 in the 60's-70's is very easy.

26 and 27..... 24 goes up to 70

having the HD locals stripped form the website doesn't make me feel very good about them going live on the 4th.

26 and 27..... 24 goes up to 70

having the HD locals stripped form the website doesn't make me feel very good about them going live on the 4th.

Ahh.. 26 and 27 are probably spot beams not totally covering you area. It's best to check something in the teens on 110, like 16.

The HD locals on the webpage get put up the morning of the day they are going available. Don't worry about them pulling them. I know the schedule of Nimiq5 got pushed back a week already, so this is probably why they backed them up to the 4th just to be sure.

got a wing dish installed. installer was nice he fixed the no ground problem and fixed the stripped bolts from the last installer. he said that locals in hd are to go live monday. whatever, when they go live I will be ready. also he said that the local hd are nation wide not spots. don't know if this is true or not. he also said you can't get locals in sd with 1000.4 that is why they are not installing them. Don't think that is true either.

yes, it is true that the sd locals arre only on 110, so a 1000.4 will not receive locals today.. also, 77 i do believe is a national broadcast and not spot beams, so i believe he was right again.. as for monday being the launch date - we will have to wait and see.. but it would be nice.. our sd locals on 110 are on a spotbeam tp# 27 - and a good signal on it is between 27-33, but on tp 11 you will get more like 60-70..

wow so I guess he did know what he was talking about maybe he is right about monday also. we will see if he was three for three on monday

77 is currently CONUS only. He's kinda right on the EA satellites not doing SD locals. If the HD local is carried by Dish there will not be a SD version of it, but if there is no HD version of that local it will be carried in SD on the 77 satellite. I doubt they will launch on Monday... very rarely have I seen them launch on Monday. 99% of the time they will go into test mode on Wednesday for a week then launched the following Wednesday.

correct, once davenport hd locals go online, the locals that are not yet hd (in this area maybe pbs?) will still be broadcast in their SD counterparts.. so 4,6,8,18,26 will probbably go online in HD (i hope) and pbs will still be broadcast on 24 and 36, but in SD. all will be on 77..

to clarify what i meant before though was, until the hd locals go online on 77, our SD davenport locals arent on 77 at all.. so if the installer had indeed installed a 1000.4 today for you, and removed your 1000.1 or 1000.2, you would have been without locals at all until they go online, hopefully nov 4th..

yeah that is what he said I would be without locals until the HD locals get turned on. Nov 4 is soon enough as long as it is in 2009 and not 2010.

i dont think it hasnt been announced either way, i hope it is.. on a side note, 26 is finally broadcasting in HD on OTA antenna's and that has been only in the last couple weeks..

i doubt they would have waited for th cw to go hd, but it is coincidental, becuase i believe 26 went hd on sept 30th.. insert theme of the twilight zone here..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)