Davenport Iowa HD Locals?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
i have a winegard 8200u vhf/uhf antenna - and i get ch4 at 88%, 80+ miles away here in burlington.. that uhf antenna might get it up there, but that would be luck of the draw. if you installed a vhf/uhf antenna - you would get it everytime..

I have a Square Shooter and live in NE Davenport and get 4 at 100%. My daughter has a square shooter, lives a half mile away in Bettendorf, and gets it at 77%. It really is the luck of the draw.

Wow... I'm glad I don't have to deal with a channel 4 DT station. At least they have a very decent power. I'm shocked you get channel 4 on that little UHF antenna.

Wow... I'm glad I don't have to deal with a channel 4 DT station. At least they have a very decent power. I'm shocked you get channel 4 on that little UHF antenna.

I am too, And thats why I mentioned it....The first time I installed one of these I was like ..."Yea right, This aint gonna get any channels unless I mount it right on the stations tower"...but, as I found out, It is a little gem.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that this antenna is perfect but if you are located in the right place, it will work fine. I would say 8 out of 10 of the ones I installed work perfect....

Rumor:
Heard a rumor that 1000.2 129W will have QC HD locals..... I would not go out and buy or have someone install a 1000.4 just yet.....

I still say and I will say it again, A good digital outdoor antenna (if your close or in QC area) is much better than getting locals on dish. And it will be there if you ever loose your sat signal for what ever reason.

I only install the DTV2BUHF Antenna as these in my opinion are the best..
Good for up to 50 miles.
images
Has anybody heard any more on whether QC locals will get to stay on 129W?

Last edited:
I still have my doubts they will be on 129... that DMA is in between two beams and is not 100% covered by just one beam.

See the map I attached...

Attachments

• 129_Davenport.jpg
    129_Davenport.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 114
yeah, the area i live in is in the yellow ring on the right, but not in the green.. i am not sure what that entails - but i would assume being in the green is better.. :V) the conus 129 feeds work fine here though..

I have a funny fealing that the HD locals will be on the 129 bird Someday.

Did two more off air antennas today for customers. Got the channel 4 WHBF at 80 plus percent both times. One in Bettendorf and one in Davenport.

in the QC's yes, but further out then muscatine, and i doubt that antenna would work
i am a hour PAST muscatine, and i can tell you - for sure - it wont work here

Is there not enough room on the spotbeams for Evansville? We are currently WA, but have heard rumors of HD locals going on 77 when they launch Nov. 18th.

no, evansville is in indiana, qc is iowa/illinois border (davenport,rock island, betendorf and moline)

Yup. The slides they posted in the Retailer chat a while back had Evansville in wrong spot. Evansville is in SW Indiana across the river from KY.

It certainly looks like it covers the area and would be perfect if they decided to use it. On 129 with Transponder 17 my signal is 50.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)