Davenport Iowa HD Locals?

Craziness...

Tried calling Galaxy1 (a local retailer) today and was told our HD's go live on October 17th. She said it's not too early to get the dish installed and they have been doing many of them already but she told me I would have to set it up through Dishnetwork.com and they would set up the service call.

Called Dishnetwork (India) and was told I have a "warranty" and would only need to pay a $29 fee instead of the usual $99 fee. But that person transferred me to Tech Support.

The Tech support gal said the charge would be $99 to do the install now, or wait until the HD's go live then call and get a service call. Not sure what the story will be the next time I call!?

Sounds cheaper and easier to just get DirectTV, who already serves HD locals here. :rolleyes: I hear their hardware has improved. All I really need are the skip+ and skip- buttons anyways, and DirectTV now has them I guess.

yeah i got a service call for my dish but when a friend of mine a few days later tried they wouldn't do it for him. he is going to wait for them to go live then place the call. he says he has waited this long what is another few weeks.

Today our RSP announced that we will do all 1000.4's at $99 service fee for anyone who request it......But we are to continue to install the Turbo dish 1000.2 on all new connects.

He also said his phones are flooded with 1000.4 dish questions. So something leaked to the general population. I have 6 service changes already in "Q" for 1000.4 upgrades that were NOT Dish referrals. So far Dish has not sent any service changes yet.........

Don't know if that means anything.

Basically you guys are ahead of the game.... here's what normally happens. Locals go live on the sat and the system. Calls go out to customers with HD systems telling them about locals and their options to upgrade. Customer calls and they are setup and watching locals.

Today our RSP announced that we will do all 1000.4's at $99 service fee for anyone who request it......But we are to continue to install the Turbo dish 1000.2 on all new connects.

Is this up until the formal availability date for the HD locals and then 1000.4 for new installs after that date? I could have swore they said 1000.4 for new installs in those markets during the retailers chat.

after the locals launch, we will indeed be installing 1000.4's on al new installs. until they launch though, 1000.2s will be installed.. wing dishs will be installed in most cases for current subs uopgrqading to recieving the new hd locals..

In general, are the eastern arc signals as strong as the western ones for us in the QCA?

Nov 11th now. soon, we will have our HD channels soon. Maybe not as soon as we thought but soon enough.

Did I get enough soons in there.

Rumor:
Heard a rumor that 1000.2 129W will have QC HD locals..... I would not go out and buy or have someone install a 1000.4 just yet.....

I still say and I will say it again, A good digital outdoor antenna (if your close or in QC area) is much better than getting locals on dish. And it will be there if you ever loose your sat signal for what ever reason.

I only install the DTV2BUHF Antenna as these in my opinion are the best..
Good for up to 50 miles.
images

Rumor:
Heard a rumor that 1000.2 129W will have QC HD locals..... I would not go out and buy or have someone install a 1000.4 just yet.....

I still say and I will say it again, A good digital outdoor antenna (if your close or in QC area) is much better than getting locals on dish. And it will be there if you ever loose your sat signal for what ever reason.

Good for up to 50 miles.
images

if that antenna gets you channel 4 in the QCA, it is just cause you are so close.. that is a uhf antenna, and 4 is VHF.. i use the 8 bay version here in burlington, and although it will get 6,8,18,24,26,36 - it will not get 4..

Rumor:

Good for up to 50 miles.
images
Directdishnet this would be great news if QC HD Locals were on 129W!!
I could possibly have some tree issues with 77 but there is nothing in the way of 129W.:up

I now get HD locals over the air with a square shooter. And it works great in my location. You are absolutely right that OTA has the best picture and reliabilty but it will be nice to have the addational recording options. :)

Keep the updates coming!!

if that antenna gets you channel 4 in the QCA, it is just cause you are so close.. that is a uhf antenna, and 4 is VHF.. i use the 8 bay version here in burlington, and although it will get 6,8,18,24,26,36 - it will not get 4..

I Installed one in West Liberty last week and got Channel 4 & 4.1 @68%
Must be where you are located........ On a added note I also did one in East Moline and it did NOT get channel 4..........It's a roll of the dice.

i have a winegard 8200u vhf/uhf antenna - and i get ch4 at 88%, 80+ miles away here in burlington.. that uhf antenna might get it up there, but that would be luck of the draw. if you installed a vhf/uhf antenna - you would get it everytime..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)