Status
Please reply by conversation.

eurosport

In Dave Grohl We Trust!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 31, 2008
North Florida
My 920 is still not converted. HITS Sub on my 410. This morning my 920, sitting turned off, on X4 has updated it's clock. Very cool.

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

My dish is sitting on QVC on C4 at night and the clock updated. It's in the firmware I believe when to do it.

My clock didn't update even though I had the dish parked on X4-216 for 3 hours (after 0200) last night. It's been parked on X4-211 since 0930 this morning and still no update.

Well, the time isn't that big of a deal. But, I did try parking on various DC2 channels on various sats and I still couldn't get the time to update. I'll just live with what I've got. It sure would have been nice if new 4DTV technology had been produced to fix issues such as this.

My dish is sitting on QVC on C4 at night and the clock updated. It's in the firmware I believe when to do it.

You must be right. I don't even have LNBs hooked up and mine adjusted to daylight time. Must be in firmware to tell it when/IF to adjust.

DRCars

You must be right. I don't even have LNBs hooked up and mine adjusted to daylight time. Must be in firmware to tell it when/IF to adjust.

DRCars

If so, my firmware must be corrupted since my 922 still hasn't adjusted for DST.

Mine didn't do anything. Its still showing the correct time. Most of AZ including my location doesn't observe DST.:)

Mine didn't do anything. Its still showing the correct time. Most of AZ including my location doesn't observe DST.:)
That's interesting. One box changed without even being hooked up. Another recognized the lack of DST. One doesn't update at all.
Isn't firmware like a code or a program that's embedded in a device from the factory & doesn't need updates? I'm curious if this is the case, if after 10 years, as with my 922, if the clock would stay so accurate? Or perhaps it does get updated according to your last subscription & runs off that last subscription hit it received.

My non-subbed 4096 DSR922 adjusted for DST without being locked on any DCII TP. It's 6 minutes slow... just like it was before DST. Setting on a DCII TP does not update & fix the 6 minute difference. At least, none of the ones I've tried... which has been several.

I figure it would correct that 6 minute difference if I'd soft reset. But my unit hasn't lost power yet this year. So all the channels in the old map still have their names in the title bar & guide. I can live with the 6 minute difference until the power fails (spring is coming, lol).

Once the power fails, I can remove the old VCII module (before the battery leaks), do the non-brick conversion, and pickup a minimal sub. I know I'm taking a chance on the VCII battery. But trust me... no way I'll get through the next couple of months without a power failure. Not where I live, lol.

Cheers

My converted and subbed DSR 922 did not update the time. Today I called SRL and they brought up my account, asked me my time zone and did a rehit. When I went in and checked the time it was still off. I turned the receiver on, changed the channel to 216 and shut it off. The time was then correct. So to those of you with the incorrect time I would recommend a rehit. Seems to have fixed mine.

Well, this is "odd" but related. My DSR-410 subbed on W-5 was correct yesterday, but today, for awhile in these evening hours it "added" an hour and read one hour later than the DST time we changed-to yesterday! It has since corrected itself, but it made me double check my PC's proper time to verify that it had moved another hour forward. Never saw this happen before. (it IS accurate now.)

I waited a few days to see if the time would fix itself. It didn't. I then tried a power reset of the 922 and that didn't fix it. So, I tried a rehit through WebSams and that got the time corrected.

Well, this is "odd" but related. My DSR-410 subbed on W-5 was correct yesterday, but today, for awhile in these evening hours it "added" an hour and read one hour later than the DST time we changed-to yesterday! It has since corrected itself, but it made me double check my PC's proper time to verify that it had moved another hour forward. Never saw this happen before. (it IS accurate now.)

My subbed DSR-410 receiver adds an hour EVERYTIME we turn on the receiver since the time change last weekend. Then after an hour or so it corrects itself. This along with the guide being off by 1/2 an hour is beginning to make our HITS experience not as enjoyable.

Call SRL and have them rehit your box for some reason your timezone is not set properly. When you pay for a service you have the right to contact the provider when something is wrong and get a resolution.

Kinda funny with the 4DTV now when you go to other channels on other birds. Your time can advance many hours or a few minutes or hit right. There is nothing you can do either since some channel's reference is off. Ever watch a DVB receivers clock on auto time set :eek:

Friday evening when I walked into the living room I noticed my converted 922 was one hour ahead and also reflected in the guide, but working normally. Without intervention it corrected itself and later switched back and forth during the course of Friday evening at least 3 times. No changes occurred on the trip counter during that period and has been normal since Saturday morning.

The only other thing that I've noticed at times other satellites show up in the guide, like C4 when X4 is the only tile currently selected from the setup menu. It listed some ABC HD network and some other strange channels.???

My non-converted non-subbed 922 did not make the DST change. It was way off for the longest time and then about 2 weeks ago the clock updated to the then current EST. I was not on any DC2 channels then but lately I have been but no time update.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts