Daystar O&O stations going HD?

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Noticed this here in Minneapolis (I'm here in the cities for a couple days)

Today I noticed that the Daystar affiliate (WDMI-LD) went HD. They use to only be in 480i but now they are 720p and have a 480i subchannel. Its a Daystar O&O so I wonder if other affiliates went HD

Here is the list of O&O affiliates and if you're in a market that has one can you see if they went HD in your market?
http://www.rabbitears.info/search.php?request=owner_search&owner=Word+of+God+Fellowship

Still SD in Phoenix, with its Jewelry TV subchannel. For how long? Don't know - KTVP-LD just added Jewelry TV to its lineup on 22.6.

Noticed this here in Minneapolis (I'm here in the cities for a couple days)

Today I noticed that the Daystar affiliate (WDMI-LD) went HD. They use to only be in 480i but now they are 720p and have a 480i subchannel. Its a Daystar O&O so I wonder if other affiliates went HD

Here is the list of O&O affiliates and if you're in a market that has one can you see if they went HD in your market?
http://www.rabbitears.info/search.php?request=owner_search&owner=Word of God Fellowship
Here in San Francisco I receive Daystar on two different channels: translator K03HY 3-3 and KDTS 52-1 and both are still 4:3 SD here.
Larry
P.S. By the way, our Estrella TV service on KNTC 42.1 went HD last week.

Daystar KDTS 52.1 (RF 8) in the San Francisco Bay Area has switched to HD. I'm not sure when they made the change, but flipping through the channels tonight I noticed the beautiful, clean HD picture on the channel. It looks really good.

The Daystar feeds on all of the One Ministry stations on sub-channel x.6 are still 16:9 SD 480i.

Larry

I am sort of surprised Daystar doesn't open up a division to sell the excess bandwidth on their stations. Even if they only sold it to other religious broadcasters, it seems like SBN would probably be interested, and perhaps GOD TV, etc? I wonder if Daystar is planning on selling most/all of its stations in auctions, in an attempt to do channel sharing and retain their must-carry without having to maintain OTA facilities.

I am sort of surprised Daystar doesn't open up a division to sell the excess bandwidth on their stations. Even if they only sold it to other religious broadcasters, it seems like SBN would probably be interested, and perhaps GOD TV, etc?
Minneapolis is one that they do. They have HmongUSA on the -2

I wonder if Daystar is planning on selling most/all of its stations in auctions, in an attempt to do channel sharing and retain their must-carry without having to maintain OTA facilities.
they have lots of low powered stations so most dont have must carry

Yeah, I guess I meant more of like a national sales - we see other broadcast groups that do a nationwide deal. Perhaps Daystar just doesn't have enough full power stations to make it worthwhile. TBN of course created a bunch of their own networks to launch as subchannels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)