DBSTalk.com is down!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Huh! They probably just have a lot of traffic right now.

Yep, tons of traffic! I left at 3:40 PM EDT to cut my grass. Came back now to log in and found it down. HD threads and Chat Room were going nuts with anticipation. At least it's because of good news:)

I now notice that DBSTALK is openly discouraging all talk of "moving" now on the Directv forums. Haven't seen it on the DISH forums yet. Maybe it is a new moderator but he equates "moving" with hacking and piracy now.

I now notice that DBSTALK is openly discouraging all talk of "moving" now on the Directv forums. Haven't seen it on the DISH forums yet. Maybe it is a new moderator but he equates "moving" with hacking and piracy now.

because it basically is...?

We are both seeing a HUGE spike of traffic.

I feel like the Wizard behind the curtain tweeking things trying to keep the ship afloat. :)

Earl posted a note (wish I could quote it for you) essentially saying that the satellite is fine, but there were a few minor issues and that the Sept 19 had been delayed a little while.

That was the crux of it anyway. Any misrepresentation is my fault. He didn't seem to imply weeks or months but rather days or hours. Again, this is my interpretation of the message.

Shortly after he posted that, the site went under. I would imagine that it was due to him relating this information and everyone trying to get to the post. So either the channels came on line and everyone is posting or everyone is trying to read said message/following up with some sort of message.

Last edited:
Earl in his post said he was pessimistic about them going online today, but that things can change.

Right. It sounded like it was bad news for today but seemed like it wasn't too bad in the long run. He did stress there were no issues with the satellite, I believe.

Earl trys to walk too fine of a line in not ticking off D* in the information he provides us. But I appreciate his trying.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)